True south satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

limeme

Original poster
Aug 7, 2004
Hi could someone please tell me my nearest true south satellite i am in hamilton ont canada i have a pansat 2500a and a 33" dish with a universal lnb
and a sg2100 motor postal code l8p4s4 lat 43.1 long 79.55
once again thankyou

thankyou :) i am having a nightmare setting up the system been at it hours cannot seem to get anything

Cascades right, you will be looking for AMC5
At a total elevation=40 deg.
If you use a Motor the elevation on motor= 47 deg.
Declination = 7deg.
Distance to satellite= 37790km

Good Luck!

thanks guys will give that a try right now nice to talk to a couple English guys been away from UK 10 years thanks again

EASY on the English.........I am SCOTTISH : ) Cascade, I need all the help I can get!

sorry couple of English and Scottish. guys he he! so dose the angle on the dish have to be 40 degs new to all this had a motorised system back home just finding it hard to get back into it all frustrating but fun.

What dish do you have limeme? Reading around different forums I've noticed a lot of dishes markings are a waste of time.

OT:pete, does DMSI carry anything better than this ASC321S LNB?
Another OT: Can anyone see this on AMC1 11880/H/26670
Says it's a scrambled chan but I'm getting it clearly in software mode.

I can't find anything on the dish you have, read this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=22988

Substitute T5(Telstar5) for your sothernmost satellite (AMC5)
I can't find my manual right now so I can't tell you what angles you need for your bracket/dish, just make sure the pole you're mounting it to is as plumb as possible.
It takes a while to understand it but once it all clicks it's easy.

Remember you'll have to add or subtract n Degrees from your South compass reading to compensate for magnetic deviation (Picture in another thread).

ok i will start again see if that helps thanks for your time much appreciated u guys #1 thanks again

Tried had to give in for today no satellite at all its driving me mad time to go fishing did everything you guys said still must be something looking me in the face oh well if everything fails still the pros are a phone call away :no thanks

Another Brit here :)

Oh and for the record the small dish i have is a 1.2m on a Dis 1.2 motor with no problems at all have been using it around 2 years now.

Don't give up you will get it in the end, thats the problem there are a few pro installers out there that know less than you about ku band, for goodness sake don't hire a dish or directv installer to help you as they do not have the correct meter for ku band satellite install, they will use the TV method to point the dish and you will be saying " I could have done that : ( " If you do hire an installer ask if they have done ku band systems before and ask what kind of meter he has, there are one or two folks who paid a lot of money for an installer to come out only to find they have been pointed at the wrong satellite, most installers have never done a motorized system.
Half the fun of this hobby is the set up, it may take you a days but nothing beats the satisfaction of setting up your own system, what type of LNBF do you have?

OT "Cascade" DMSI have the ASC321 + S also the DVB321SB Ku LNB (see their web site)
and I get signal and quality OK at that freq. but again the picture is 4:2:2 : (

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts