Truth from the Wildblue Experienced Installers...

So is Dish paying the same for a WB install as a 4 room video? Cause I do 4 rooms in less then 2 hours most of the time.

That's the impression I'm getting from my "higher-ups" at the RSP I work with.

And it gets worse. They're saying that if the WB is combined with a regular Dish/video install, the tech will only get paid the same as a one-room video install.

For example....a customer orders a 4-room install w/WB. The tech will get paid the same for the 4-room, but the WB will only count as a 1-room pay.

F* that!!!! :mad:

Dish considers a wildblue install a 30 unit job, the same as a 4 room dish 500, 30 units.

I would be pissed if I did a 30 unit WB, and only 18 units for a 4 room install.

It'd be different if it could all be with one dish...

Others have said WB says to charge $179 for a standard install, no pole, no wall fish, etc... I'm not sure how RSP's work.

I guess it really does not matter to me anyway. I won't do any. I paid $400.00 to get WB certification when it first came out. Then they told us "Oh your not going to get any equipment to be able to sell and install WB, it's all going to the NRTC". SO basically I pissed away $400 because of them.

Well my certification has expired so now I won't be able to install it for Dish. I won't go get recertified either.

I can just see it too.. 2 Am installs both 4 rooms video then WB. It's only 2 AM jobs.

I could see why it might take someone 7 hours to install a wild blue system. Speaking as a dish network employee i normally take about 3 to 4 hours to do a standard 4 room install. But when we started installing the At&t homezone receiver, their was a problem with the software which made the receiver incompatible with a DP+ twin. The only way at that time to force the receiver to download was to run the sat line directly into sat in 1, with out the seperator. Anyways after you get through the test default transponders screen, the receiver finally downloaded. At the end of that install, which happened to be a 4 room, it took me about 7 hours. Now days I can complete a 4 room homezone in about the same amount of time as any of the other receivers.

To put in short terms, it might have taken 1 installer to complete a wild blue job in 7 hours because it was their first wild blue install. Plus most people don't every take into consideration that no two houses are ever the same. For example i might take 1.5 hours to install a 2 room in the am. Then I end up spending 4 hours on a two room in the pm because I have to trench 150 of cable to get a wire from the dish to their house.

I don't recommend wild blue service, unless you can only get dial up in your area. Dsl and cable internet are far cheaper and way faster. $14 for 1.5 mps dsl or $80 - $90 for 1.5 mps wild blue.

I don't recommend wild blue service, unless you can only get dial up in your area. Dsl and cable internet are far cheaper and way faster. $14 for 1.5 mps dsl or $80 - $90 for 1.5 mps wild blue.

i agree... even though I am an installer, I make sure to mention to all customers asking about the service, that if there is ANY other options, to look at them first. In this area we have a couple WISP services and also Sprint EDVO which I sometimes recommend over the satellite. I know its not exactly good for me as an installer, but i feel wrong selling a customer a product that they can get for about the same price but a bit faster, and more reliable, and with less latency

i agree... even though I am an installer, I make sure to mention to all customers asking about the service, that if there is ANY other options, to look at them first. In this area we have a couple WISP services and also Sprint EDVO which I sometimes recommend over the satellite. I know its not exactly good for me as an installer, but i feel wrong selling a customer a product that they can get for about the same price but a bit faster, and more reliable, and with less latency

Do you have a marketing agree with those WISP companies? If you are sending them business, where if your finders fee? What if they have customers who cannot get their WISP service? Do they referrer those customers to you for a finders fee.

I have agreements with several WISP companies. They are my largest source of sales leads.

Do you have a marketing agree with those WISP companies? If you are sending them business, where if your finders fee? What if they have customers who cannot get their WISP service? Do they referrer those customers to you for a finders fee.

I have agreements with several WISP companies. They are my largest source of sales leads.

not officially, but the one that I do refer them to, is owned by a guy that used to install for us. We dont have a written agreement, but we send him some work... and if anyone is considering dish or direct, he sends em our way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts