Trying to locate true south satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

puwit321

Original poster
Mar 6, 2005
Hi: I just installed my fta system with motor. I get about 75-80% signal but 0 quality. I'm from NYC so my true south satellite is SBS6 at 74W. So I'm assuming if my motor is at 0 degree reference position, it should be hitting the true south satellite. How do I get the receiver to select SBS6 satellite. I don't see it on the list of satellites in the Antenna Setup.

My setup is Pansat2500/SG2100/Hotdish 75.
My motor elevation is 40 degrees
My dish declination angle is 30-6.26=23.75 degrees.

One other question: Does the pansat tell you the dish has moved to its east or west limit while I'm moving the motor left and right? I do not know what the dish is doing since I'm inside the house..

Thanks

If you have a true south satellite the dish should NEVER me moved from the ZERO position until you get signal quality on the antenna set up screen.

I use the below coordinates to find SBS6

11758 MHz Freq.

H Horizontal polarity

6.111 Symbol rate

The only way you will ever get quality is to enter the coordinates of a live channel/TP. and then slowly move the dish a few mm. at a time. A compass is really a must. I recommend removing the motor and finding your true south satellite first......but what do I know : ) Thats the way I started, it makes life a lot easier!

Thanks for the reply.

If I do find the true south satellite, does that mean my dish is on the "arc"?And asssuming I get quality level with my true south satellite, when I move the motor east and west, I should be able to locate the rest of the other satellites?

Does the pansat receiver tell you the dish has moved to its east or west limit while I'm moving the motor left and right? I do not know what the dish is doing since I'm inside the house..

Use this for a signal test
11742 H 6616

Real strong signal :)

You lucked out too...Like myself and PSB, you have a true south (SBS6 in your case, IA6 in ours)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)