Not open for further replies.

John Corn

The Coach / Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
North Canton, Ohio.
http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/dan_pollard.asp?id=52535

Here are it's predictions on both conferences.

2003-04 PREDICTED FINISH
EASTERN CONFERENCE
1. Ottawa
2. New Jersey
3. Philadelphia
4. Tampa Bay
5. Toronto
6. Boston
7. NY Islanders
8. NY Rangers
9. Buffalo
10. Atlanta
11. Washington
12. Carolina
13. Florida
14. Montreal
15. Pittsburgh

WESTERN CONFERENCE
1. Detroit
2. Colorado
3. Vancouver
4. Dallas
5. Anaheim
6. Los Angeles
7. Minnesota
8. St. Louis
9. Edmonton
10. Columbus
11. Chicago
12. Phoenix
13. San Jose
14. Calgary
15. Nashville

note that these ranks are by amount of pts. Because if it was by how they would enter the playoffs Tampa would be in 3rd. Interesting stuff

Rangers in the playoffs!! :D
I don't know about that.

Also, I don't think Anaheim will finish in 5th, they'll be lucky to make the playoffs this year. They will be like the Hurricanes, finals one year, out of the playoffs the next.

On a side note, my Expressvu is in, and I'm ready to catch the Leafs first pre season game on the 16th live from Finland at 11:30 AM on Leafs TV! Hockey season is starting!!!

Couple thoughts...

East:
I have Buffalo making the playoffs this season as a 7 or 8 seed if not better. They weren't as bad as their record indicated last year and made some huge moves from the trade deadline onward with regards to bringing them back to a true playoff contender again. I'm not really convinced that the Islanders or Bruins will be there come April, but I do believe the Caps will be a top 8 team again. Atlanta could be a darkhorse to grab the last playoff birth as crazy as that may sound right now. Hartley will be a signifcant factor with a full season coaching these young players to instant respectability. Heatley and Kovalchuk are money in the bank.

West:
I could easily see Edmonton or Columbus beating out Anaheim for the last playoff seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)