Turbo HD---feel a little misled

IF you signed up for one of the Turbo HD packages, then what you are paying for is HD. All the rest that is thrown in on top of that is freebies.
That's the way I see it too. What you're paying for is 100% HD channels. The SD versions of those channels and other SD channels that you get are "free".

Wow...my first post and I'm accused of being a "complainer about everything". Maybe some of you should wait until I have some more posts before making a such a judgmental statement.

...........that I felt a little misled. . :)

when you throw your bacon into a national public frying pan.........well, just ask Brittney about being judged. goes with the territory.

as far as being "misled", you should always be a skeptic when it comes to someone trying to sell you something.......do your home work from other sources so that you are an INFORMED consumer.

welcome to the hot plate.

one thing to note:
if you ONLY use the Guide that you customize, then you will miss it if new channels get added. Since you didn't have them in your Guide.

Just a quirk that sometimes gets overlooked.

tried to get Arby's to honor their $5.00 deal. The ad clearly says that the advertized food choices come to $5.00 and only $5.00. But then they want to add tax when you go to the resturant. There is no disclaimer that states tax will be additional.

Last edited:
tried to get Arby's to honor their $5.00 deal. The ad clearly says that the advertized food choices come to $5.00 and only $5.00. But then they want to add tax when you go to the resturant. There is no disclaimer that states tax will be additional.
Same with mcdonalds. Cashier says the customer can get that hamburger for 1$.
You cant. My wife says the same about both commercials. They are misleading at best, lying at worst.

Five Dollar footlong

I went to subway for there $5 dollar foot long. I got a 14 inch sub, but when I tried to complain and tried to give them back 2 inches, they did not want it back. What do I do now?

I went to subway for there $5 dollar foot long. I got a 14 inch sub, but when I tried to complain and tried to give them back 2 inches, they did not want it back. What do I do now?

Post on a Subway support message board, obviously.

Boo-Hoo, I was given more than what was promised!

I agree it's a stupid marketing promotion, but hardly worth complaining about.

EDIT- Sorry, I didn't see that everyone else had made the same point, and much funnier as well. It's early.

You said it yourself young dishling.Some channels do not originate in HD.More people would be complaining if those were left out.Save your local SD channels with the HD on a favorite list.It's more work, but worth the time once it is set up.

Echoing kb7oeb I like the idea of recording shows in SD rather that HD. My question is, can a program that is in HD be recorded as SD to save space on the drive? Or, are all the HD programs also available in SD? Either way, I'd like to have more than 55 hours recorded on my 722.

Most HD channels on Dish also have an SD version that shows the same program, so yeah, you could usually record an SD version. You MUST choose the right channel though as the HD-DVRs have no way to "down-convert" the program.

So, are the SD channels you get with Turbo just the SD versions of the HD channels you pay for, or are there other 'bonus' SD channels?

I think the OP has a legitimate complaint. Maybe not the biggest complaint one can have against their TV provider, sure.

It'd be nice if they just had an 'HD ONLY' setting in the remote programming options (maybe they do?)

You do get some other public service stations & shopping channels is SD. If you press the Guide button twice you can change the Guide to HD Only.

Does anyone have a list of the SD channels that come with TurboHD packs? (Or could someone with a little time post this from their receiver?) I'm actually interested in what those "shopping" and "public interest" channels are since I'm considering a move to Dish from C-band (which financially only makes sense with the TurboHD packs, but I digress..) I'll always take freebies.

Thanks.

From the EPG

84 - HSN
85 - SRN
86 - JTV
104 - SRI Free Preview
218 - TJC Free Preview
219 - ALIVE
220 - SLTV Free Preview
221 - LSHOP
222 - HSN Free Preview
223 - SRN Free Preview
224 - SHOP
226 - GEMTV Free Preview
228 - SHNBC Free Preview
229 - GEMS
259 - INSP Free Preview
262 - ANGEL
264 - KTV
265 - CCTV9
266 - ANGL2
605 - ANTEN Free Preview
652 - KBS
672 - DANDA Free Preview
716 - STAR+ Free Preview
826 - ACDEM
855 - FSESP Free Preview
883 - SLTV Free Preview
884 - CCTVE
903 - AAGTV Free Preview
9400 - RSRCH
9401 - HITN
9402 - HHS
9403 - BYUTV
9404 - UWTV
9405 - PNTGN
9406 - ARTS
9407 - COLRS
9408 - STARF
9410 - LINK
9411 - NAUHS
9412 - UCTV
9413 - ALMA
9414 - V-ME
9415 - FSTV
9416 -GSN
9417 -EDUCA
9418 - PAEC

Last edited:
Does anyone have a list of the SD channels that come with TurboHD packs? (Or could someone with a little time post this from their receiver?) I'm actually interested in what those "shopping" and "public interest" channels are since I'm considering a move to Dish from C-band (which financially only makes sense with the TurboHD packs, but I digress..) I'll always take freebies.

Thanks.

I am also considering dropping all but the movie channels from C-Band ($550/yr) and switching to one of the Turbo-HD packs since it has the majority of the channels I watch. I'm able to get the networks in HD from an OTA antenna so I was not planning on getting the locals.

Currently I have the 4DTV connected to an Onkyo 875 that feeds the HD-TV1 and Onkyo Zone 2 feeds SD TV2. I can then watch the 4DTV channels or OTA-HD on TV1 and TV2 can watch 4DTV only.

Will the 722 down res the OTA HD channels to the SD TV2? If not what is the recommended way to integrate all of this together for TV2. I guess i could use another input in the Onkyo 875 for zone 2 video that would permit switching between 4DTV and Dish but I don't know if I'll be able to get OTA on TV2.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts