TURBO HD FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS

nrholland

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Tampa Bay Area
I did what some of you said and wrote ceo@dishnetwork.com.

Here my reply from them. I am not including who it came from or his phone number/e-mail address. I really appreciate what they did. Of course, I'm not too happy about the price increase. My wife is going to have a fit when she sees the price increase.

:up:no

Here's the e-mail I got:

"Dear Mr. xxxxxxx,

Thank you for your email and bringing your concern to our attention.

We will gladly assist you with your request. Once you have activated the new HD-DVR and have disabled the current SD-DVR we will allow you to add the Turbo HD standalone package. The front line CSR agents do not have the ability to add this programming to your account, but I will notate your account for them to get you to the right place to add the programming. If you are unsuccessful in your efforts, please reply to my email and I will personally add the programming to your account. Please note that in the event of a price increase that all customers, whether you have the programming prior to the increase or not, will be affected. We cannot add the programming to your account until the SD-DVR is disabled. We thank you for your patience in this matter and DISH Network appreciates your business.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you and please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Thanks,"

i love it! I also received a similar email to change to TurboHD Gold. You have to "Dish it up" to get HD receiver and HD programming and then switch to TurboHD, because what they are saying is "you want to switch to ALL HD, but you don't have the equipment, so how can you?"

I think your best bet is to DISH it up and then reply to your email to convert to TurboHD

pfan

I have a 622 and just looked at my "Dish it Up" options and I can keep my 622, get an addiitonal 722, and then have TurboHD packages . . . just now trying to figure out what I will be missing with having only HD.

DIY, TRU, AMC, SPEED, SPIKE (just to name a few) would be missed most by me if I switched

Isn't Turbo HD just "cutting to the chase"? Seems to me that in a few months everything (worthwhile) will be HD. Perhaps it is just a way to encourage folks to get off of SD/MPEG2 receivers, while netting Dish a few $ in the process. What I'd like to see sooner than later is a firmware release to allow HD receivers to not show SD channels in the guide when they are available in HD. It's starting to get annoying...

Isn't Turbo HD just "cutting to the chase"? Seems to me that in a few months everything (worthwhile) will be HD. Perhaps it is just a way to encourage folks to get off of SD/MPEG2 receivers, while netting Dish a few $ in the process. What I'd like to see sooner than later is a firmware release to allow HD receivers to not show SD channels in the guide when they are available in HD. It's starting to get annoying...

Some people record the SD channel when they want to record something from an HD available channel but the programming is only in SD. Saves room that way. If you don't want to see the SD versions (such as i dont) just lock those channels and tell your receiver to hide locked channels.

(Sorry for hijacking your thread)

To OP: Do you get the SD versions of channels like in the absolute HD pack? If so why can't you keep your SD-DVR?

This to me is Dish Networks' biggest problem - communication. They have in my opinion some rediculas rules for customers, especially current ones. I'm not talking about incentives, I understand you can't keep giving incentives over and over to the same customer. But when a current customer wants a new or different package Dish makes it so hard.

If they insist on making these marketing decisions, at least do what they did individually in the emails - give everyone what they have to do to get the wanted package. Then while we may not like or want to do what they want, at least we have a choice, not just a "no."

I have a 622 and just looked at my "Dish it Up" options and I can keep my 622, get an addiitonal 722, and then have TurboHD packages . . . just now trying to figure out what I will be missing with having only HD.

Turner Classics is the only channel keeping me from switching. If it were only in HD.

Does anyone know what the DVR Advantage of the Gold version of TurboHD costs now? I know if Feb 09 it will be $60. I was just wondering what the current cost is.

Thanks ...

I just sent and email to ceo@... here was their respose:

We currently don’t have a DVR Advantage program to go along with our new Turbo HD packages (but that’s a great idea). At the moment customers need to subscribe to an American programming package at the AT200 level or higher. Please contact me to review.

So it appears that the DVR advantage version of the TurboHD packages will not start till Feb 09.

just make a favorite list and you won't see those channels.

pfan

I hooked up my new 722 last night and disconnected the 625. Called Dish up, had them see the information that the ceo@echostar.com person put in my notes, they went upstairs and turned me on. I have Turbo Gold, Locals, Multi-Sports, and Euronews. No AT*** packages. Thought others of you thinking about doing it might like to know. As long as they know you have the right equipment, they'll do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)