TV 2 Question

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
If a 622, 625, and a 322 TV2 mogulated signal is wired to a Super Home Node or backward wired through a 3-way splitter, would the rest of the TVs in the home distribution work? What about also adding the OTA input too though the Super Home Node or a backward wired 4-way splitter! I plan on the 322 TV2 signal to be the primary signal to all TVs in my home that don't have a satellite receiver, but occasionally might would like to watch recorded TV from one of the 622 or 625 DVRs. Thanks to all that respond.

It would work to some extent but unless you have the ability to control each signal level indivually I think you will not be happy with the result.

I have installed 3 each coax to the 622, 625, and 322. One for satellite in (to be used with a separator), mogulated out, and antenna in. Sksatellite, I shouldn't have to use a diplexer with three coax ran to each location would I? Langlin, so you think I will have signal level problem? The Super Home Node is amplified and I plan on using an amp too for the OTA antenna. Do you think signal level might be too high? Thanks again for yalls help.

I'm not sure if this helps, but I ran up on an odd installation during a service call.

The problem was both TV2's getting the same signal, though the customer thought the remotes were addressed identically.

Installing Tech used existing cable for all the TV's. 3 were upstairs, one down. Inside the house box were 5 cables, 2 diplexers, and a splitter. 2 from the dish, one to the 522, one to the 322 (both of those diplexed). The TV out on each diplexer ran to the "outs" on the splitter. The 5th line ran from the "in" on the splitter into the attic, where it connected to the "in" on anther splitter. From there, 2 other lines went to the TV2's.

The other tech had the 522 out on 60, and the 322 out on 73. When I arrived, both TV's were on 60 (which is how I normally install--less for the customer to have to remember). I ended up resolving the problem by placing the proper TV on cable mode, channel 73, although I suppose I could have just put it on channel 22 or whatever.

That is why I do not like going behind other techs. It took an hour to chase down all the wire, when, had I known exactly how it was installed, I could have been out of there in 10 minutes or less.

By changing the signal type and channel number, the customer had switched from the 322 to the 522, probably accidentally. You can definately run your house off of TV2. I don't know what this node is that you speak of, though. Also, I have no idea how an OA antenna would impact any of this.

Last edited:
Thanks chadzx11 for your help. I am just going to have to try it. I think it will work. I have all my wires labled and they all go to a headend area in the corner of my basement. I want a local long time retail shop that does both Direct and Dish and also does commercial as well as home installs to do the job for me. But, his distributor can't seem to get any 622s yet. Dish TV is apparently using them all up for their call in installs. I may have to have them do it and then do everything else myself and live and learn. Is the Dishstore.net a good place to order from? Here is a link for the Super Home Node. If it doesn't work try it in a search engine. I am surprised there is bunches of folks have not heard of it. I found out about it reading install procedures on line for Dish products. Thanks again.

http://www.eagleaspen.com/admin/product/fujian/file_227.pdf#search='super%20home%20node'

Get a good 4-way combiner spiltter. Feed in the outputs from the 622, 625, 322, and OTA. Make sure to space the modulated channels from the dual tuners atleast 3 channels away from each other and any OTA station. Also make sure that the modulators are set for Air and not cable.

Example: you receiver channels 3, 8, 17, 35, 41 from your antenna. I would then setup the 3 outputs from the receivers something like 44, 50, and 55.

So your 1 output off of that combiner would be sending channels 3, 8, 17, 35, 41, 44, 50, and 55 to your amplifier. Then feed the output of the amplifier into you home distribution pannel. Should not have a problem with a setup like this.

OK, thanks Dave nye. Forgot to tell you that I am going to keep basic cable too! LOL. But I am going to run the cable and OTA coax to a manual A/B switch at the headend area. I will be new to satellite and I am concerned about satellite blackouts so I am having backup to the backup. Charter basic cable will only cost me $5.00 a month since I am keeping the their computer service (package deal). Maybe someday I will feel comfortable enough with the dish and OTA and I will then cancel the cable>

charlesrshell said:
I will be new to satellite and I am concerned about satellite blackouts so I am having backup to the backup. Charter basic cable will only cost me $5.00 a month since I am keeping the their computer service (package deal). Maybe someday I will feel comfortable enough with the dish and OTA and I will then cancel the cable>
Satellite blackouts? Ours is more reliable than Sleazycom Cable Company, the local cable no-supplier aka Mediacom. We had a commercial power failure for a couple of days so we lost satellite for that long but Sleazycom customers were out a week.

Overall, we have had better signal quality and in a year I can remember only once or twice getting pixeling from the satellite. With Sleazycom, we would lose various channels intermittently and have noise or weak signals frequetly.

John:(

John, is the satellite pixeling problem from too strong or too weak signals. I have three moxi boxes (DVRs) from Charter cable company and I have had then out bunches of times for pixeling problems. Would you believe it is because of too strong of signal! Had to install additional splitters to cut the power down. I can't wait to get off of cable. I am so tired of them. Thanks for the info

No the only problems you should have is really bad weather and power outages. If a storm has enough water in it, it can temp block the signal. Most of the time it will only last for a few min. If the power is out well then nothing is gonna work.

As far as pixeling, many things cause this. As far a satellite, it can be caused by a weak signal durning storms or a miss pointed antenna. Other than that you may see some from time to time, and that can be anything from the source to a compression artifact, these are very rare though. Most of the time you have a good picture or no picture.

The only thing you will have to make sure of is like Dave Nye said make sure you get a good high quality splitter, a minimum of 3.5 db loss of each output. I have combined 2 322's with tv1 on one and tv2 on both with OTA into one line and sent it to 4 TV's with no problem. I did have a little loss with the tv1 signal on the back feed but I think it was mainly because I had to diplexer it back out the satellite feed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts