TV 2/Vip722 question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

xiombarg7

Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
I am currently in the stone age, and am considering upgrading to a 722. Is there any particular reason that the user's manual doesn't discuss connecting TV2 directly via RCA cables? My house has no cable laid, and my current TV's are only a room apart, so I see no reason to buy and put down some coax for Home Distribution.

Also, what is the current fee for OTA with the 722 (I assume there is one, there's always one).

Thank you.

TV2 can be connected by coax or by composite cables. Composite is three connections (yellow for video, red and white for left and right audio) used to carry the output to the second tv. It is a much better connection but the cable is a lot thicker than coax which makes it harder to connect to the second tv and costs more thand the coax would. You do not have to use the 722 with a second tv if you do not want to and will give you pip (picture in picture) when used in single mode. An HD enabling fee is $7 per month to get OTA and HD premium channels, however this is not charged if you subscribe to one of the HD packages, Essentials is $10 and Ultimate is $20.

I have the TV in my bedroom connected with 25 ft composite/audio cables and the picture is much better than the RF connection. The HD channels look very good. There is no fee for OTA, but if you don't subscribe to Dish local channels, the program guide information is not available (you would have to set manual timers to record an OTA channel).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts