TV2 Diplexer Help

kershnerc32

Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
Texas
I have a HD DVR reciever that is splitting out to 2 tvs. The initial install had the TV1 hooked up to my sd tv and TV2 hooked up to my HD tv. Now Im not sure why this was done this way but needless to say my HD content was being downgraded. So I moved the reciever and hooked it to what used to be TV2. So now my tv1 is hooked to the hd tv and tv2 is on the sd tv. Tv1 works perfect wonderful picture but tv2 no longer works. The tech guys said something about a diplexer needing to be switched. Can anyone help me so i do not have to pay a $99 service call?

Go to Menu, 6, 1, 5 and find out what channel TV2 is set up to. You may see something like Channel 73, Cable. Go to TV2 and set it up to Cable and change it to channel 73.

How was TV1 connected to begin with?

I did that and it was set to 60 so I went there and nothing showed up. So I switched it to cable and channel 73 and still nothing. The installers said something about having to switch something in the diplexer. Also on the reciver where the power light is for tv2 it is blue. TV1 was connected through coax just as tv2 but now tv1 is on comp cables and soon to be HDMI.

Well this is how it's supossed to be setup. Check the wiring and see if you can get it to work, if you can't I'm afraid you're gonna have to call Dish Network to set it up for you.

The diplexer will combine the satellite cable coming from the dish or switch with TV2 and then you use another diplexer to separate the two signals inside.

Attachments

• distributionexample2.pdf
    65.7 KB · Views: 160
  • DistributionExample7.pdf
    310 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Yeah it's very easy, don't spend the $99. As long as you set up the receiver the same way, you just need to look for the second diplexer somewhere in the line. If your lines are ran through the basement look there. It's most likely near the ground block, if your system is grounded properly. Or it may be up by your dish. You will need to swap the two lines labeled "IN" and "UHF OUT" on the diplexer. Don't touch the line labeled "SAT". Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)