Two different Hoppers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
Looked all over and found no answer. So, I thought I would ask here. Are there two different Hoppers? One version for a one TV setup and another Hopper version for one or more Joey's?
RT

Ok. I'll describe better. While reading a manual on the Hopper I found the section about installing a Joey. It stated in the manual:
1. "Connect the home video network output jack on the back panel of the Hopper with sling HD DVR to an existing wall cable outlet using a coaxial cable."
So, how can you connect to a jack on the back of the Hopper that is not there? That is the question. One hopper for no Joey and no output jack and another version with the output jack?
RT

The dpX (coax) jack on the Hopper supports both the satellite feeds (from the node) and the home video network (either from the node or from a tap.)

Scherrman,
Thanks for the great pdf file that I could not find.
It answers all my questions.
Interesting though, if I added a Joey to my set up, there would have to be another about 65 foot cable from that node that is at my dish in the yard to the house then to the Joey. Must be the reason the installer had so much twin cable on his truck.
RT

:confused:

Did the installer say why he was putting the node in the yard by the dish?

I would want in the house for the exact reason that you are now going to have to run another cable outside to the dish/node. Maybe there is a good reason, I just can't think of one.

Inquiring minds want to know.

I would want in the house for the exact reason that you are now going to have to run another cable outside to the dish/node. Maybe there is a good reason, I just can't think of one.

The only reason I could see why you would put the node out by the Dish is if there were not enough cables running to the house. Putting the node outside by the dish saves you from running another cable. This is what I did at my house and it saved me a lot of trouble. The node has been outside for a year and a half now and has zero issues.

You can still run your joey without running another line from the node at the dish. Just install a tap somewhere in/out of the house and run the joey(s) off the client side of the tap. You can use a splitter off the tap if running multiple joes. Or, just use the wifi method, although a temp client line would still be needed to d/l software.

My house is about 100 feet from the road. The first dish(old account) was put out in the front yard next to my rail fence so they could miss the trees in the back yard. There was a small device by the dish screwed to a fence post. Single wire went into house. Since this install was for Hopper only, the installer put the node in the same place.
This install made the installer happy. Replace the dish, put in the node, come in house, set Hopper in place, plug in wires that were ready, and "tune" it up. He ended up with two hours to spare. He had to call the office to find something to do. Next install would not be home for two hours. (I try to make it easy for them):)
RT

My house is about 100 feet from the road. The first dish(old account) was put out in the front yard next to my rail fence so they could miss the trees in the back yard. There was a small device by the dish screwed to a fence post. Single wire went into house. Since this install was for Hopper only, the installer put the node in the same place.
This install made the installer happy. Replace the dish, put in the node, come in house, set Hopper in place, plug in wires that were ready, and "tune" it up. He ended up with two hours to spare. He had to call the office to find something to do. Next install would not be home for two hours. (I try to make it easy for them):)
RT

?Sounds like a normal install to me. I would have done it that way for my house.

Sounds like a tap would be the easiest solution here.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)