Two Dishes?

mixman

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 18, 2005
Would it make sense to just pick up a Legacy twin or quad? It looks like they're well under $100. This is for a weekend place of ours, so nothing super-fancy is needed.

Liquidforce88

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 3, 2005
The Land Of OZ
Would it make sense to just pick up a Legacy twin or quad? It looks like they're well under $100. This is for a weekend place of ours, so nothing super-fancy is needed.

You could probably pick up a DPP Twin and a DP Dual for less. I would rather have the new tech than some old remaned stuff.

mixman

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 18, 2005
So a DP Twin and a DP Dual. What switch will I need with that?

What about going with a Dish 1000.2, getting a DP Twin for my Dish 300 and hooking that to the LNB in of the 1000.2? It seems like that might work? What's the output from a 1000.2? Is yet another switch needed here as well?

Thanks!

Liquidforce88

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 3, 2005
The Land Of OZ
So a DP Twin and a DP Dual. What switch will I need with that?

What about going with a Dish 1000.2, getting a DP Twin for my Dish 300 and hooking that to the LNB in of the 1000.2? It seems like that might work? What's the output from a 1000.2? Is yet another switch needed here as well?

Thanks!

You want a DPP Twin (DishPro Plus). That is the one with the input for a third satellite location.

SmityWhity

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 8, 2006
Denver, CO
Too cool, thank you guys so much! I should have done this before the World Series, didn't know it would be over so quick :(
I'm near E-470 & Smoky Hill (Aurora) and usually don't have any problems with 129; including the last several months using a Dish 1000+.

However, I think it was Game 3 that Fox 31 had so much pixelation on the HD channel from 129, I had to switch to the SD channel from 110. The other 3 HD channels on 129 looked okay, it was just Fox.

jtrout

Oct 15, 2007
You will set the scew on the dish at 90. Then all we have to do is find out what elevation and azimuth to point your old dish at.

I just got all my stuff together today, and I'm setting up my 500 to point at 129. How do I get the elevation and azimuth numbers? And I see the adjustments on the Dish for Elevation and Skew - what is the Azimuth? Finally, I downloaded a Satellite Finder program to try and get this figured out on my own, but they report the following numbers:

Satellite Lng Az(t) Az(m) El Skew
--------------------------------------------------------
Echostar 5 129.0W 214.5 205.0 37.4 25.6

I thought I wanted the skew at 90? I'm all sorts of confused :( My zip is 80501, if it helps anyone help me.

Thanks everyone!

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
I just got all my stuff together today, and I'm setting up my 500 to point at 129. How do I get the elevation and azimuth numbers? And I see the adjustments on the Dish for Elevation and Skew - what is the Azimuth? Finally, I downloaded a Satellite Finder program to try and get this figured out on my own, but they report the following numbers:

Satellite Lng Az(t) Az(m) El Skew
--------------------------------------------------------
Echostar 5 129.0W 214.5 205.0 37.4 25.6

I thought I wanted the skew at 90? I'm all sorts of confused :( My zip is 80501, if it helps anyone help me.

Thanks everyone!
Don't know why you'd need a skew for only one LNB centered on the dish, but you can get the elevation numbers from the receiver. Go to Setup->Installation->Point Dish, enter your zipcode, select Dish 300 and satellite 129. The numbers will be above the signal strength bar.

jtrout

Oct 15, 2007
Go to Setup->Installation->Point Dish, enter your zipcode, select Dish 300 and satellite 129. The numbers will be above the signal strength bar.

If I set it to 129, my ViP622 just says "N/A" for Azimuth and Elevation. Guess I'm on my own then.

Thanks as always!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)