Two Hopper 3 DVRs Installation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DialgaChampion

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2015
New York
Does someone still have the diagram showing how to connect two Hopper 3s again?

I currently have one H3 and one 4K Joey, set up through a 1000.2 eastern arc hybrid lnb and solo hub.

The plan is to replace the Joey with the second H3. Already purchased a duo hub and I have three coax cables coming in from outside, from back when I used to have the older 1000.4 dish and the hopper 2. I don't fully remember, but I think the other two coax cables are just tied up next to the dish outside; will have to check again.

dp6.png

You need a 42 switch.
Run the outputs to the inputs on the Duo Hub

You need a 42 switch.
Run the outputs to the inputs on the Duo Hub

Okay, so I made an updated diagram just to make sure I understand this right...

- 2 Coax connected from outside Dish LNB into 42 switch.
- 2 Coax from 42 switch into Duo Hub.
- 1 Coax from Duo Hub into 1st Hopper 3.
- 1 Coax from Duo Hub into Power Inserter.
- 1 Coax from Power Inserter into 2nd Hopper 3.
- Power Inserter plugged into wall electrical outlet.

Did I get that right? And also, I assume the power inserter is required?

Attachments

• dish.png
    dish.png
    122.3 KB · Views: 141
Okay, so I made an updated diagram just to make sure I understand this right...

- 2 Coax connected from outside Dish LNB into 42 switch.
- 2 Coax from 42 switch into Duo Hub.
- 1 Coax from Duo Hub into 1st Hopper 3.
- 1 Coax from Duo Hub into Power Inserter.
- 1 Coax from Power Inserter into 2nd Hopper 3.
- Power Inserter plugged into wall electrical outlet.

Did I get that right? And also, I assume the power inserter is required?
Twa Coaxes from the LNB if it's Eastern Arc (2 "Eyes") and three if it's Western Arc and yes, the power inserter, it's required

Does someone still have the diagram showing how to connect two Hopper 3s again?

I currently have one H3 and one 4K Joey, set up through a 1000.2 eastern arc hybrid lnb and solo hub.

The plan is to replace the Joey with the second H3. Already purchased a duo hub and I have three coax cables coming in from outside, from back when I used to have the older 1000.4 dish and the hopper 2. I don't fully remember, but I think the other two coax cables are just tied up next to the dish outside; will have to check again.
Are you going with 2 H3s for the PIP/Multi-View features or something else?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Are you going with 2 H3s for the PIP/Multi-View features or something else?

No, it's specifically to fix the problem with the 4K Joey's live feed intermittently freezing. I'll be watching a live program and then randomly out of nowhere, the picture and sound will just pixelate/freeze for 5-10 seconds, then go back to normal. Doesn't matter which channel it's on either. It's like what happens when the signal cuts out during heavy rain or a thunderstorm, but this will happen even on a perfectly clear day/night.

It doesn't happen with my H3 though, only with the Joey. I've replaced the solo hub and I've also replaced the Joey itself with another brand new 4K Joey, but it's still the same problem. And I know it's not the coax going from the hub into the Joey because I previously had another receiver connected in the same room before changing to the whole home dvr setup and that receiver worked fine.

So I'm basing this off process of elimination, which seems to indicate a problem with the 4K Joey device itself. Only thing I haven't tried is maybe getting a regular Joey 3, if that's still the latest model of Joey currently available, but otherwise the only other solution is getting a second Hopper 3. It'd be nice if the 42 and the Power Inserter weren't necessary and I could just use the Duo Hub though.

Twa Coaxes from the LNB if it's Eastern Arc (2 "Eyes") and three if it's Western Arc and yes, the power inserter, it's required

There's something I wanted to ask about. The DPH42 that I'm looking at buying says: "Requires Dish Pro or Dish Pro Plus LNBFs. WILL NOT WORK with Hybrid LNBFs."

But the LNBF I currently have outside is the DISH 1000.2 DISHPRO HYBRID TWIN (eastern arc) LNBF.

So do I need a new LNBF so the DPH42 will work? And then does that also mean I need a different dish too?

There's something I wanted to ask about. The DPH42 that I'm looking at buying says: "Requires Dish Pro or Dish Pro Plus LNBFs. WILL NOT WORK with Hybrid LNBFs."

But the LNBF I currently have outside is the DISH 1000.2 DISHPRO HYBRID TWIN (eastern arc) LNBF.

So do I need a new LNBF so the DPH42 will work? And then does that also mean I need a different dish too?
No, not a different Dish but a DPP LNBF and LNBF Bracket if the Hybrid you have now is a Slimline - which I don't believe it is.
One other thing, with the 129 gone, you only need 2 cables from the Western Arc LNBF now

When I had my dual H3 setup done way back and I did all kinds of research since it wasn't being done and I had a feeling when I went to Retention to get "approval", they'd balk at it so I wanted to have my "Duck in a Row". I thought it was Hybrid LNB with Hybrid "Hubs" no 42 Switch needed, like here: DP vs DPP vs DPH

Although a "Training Tech" did the install, he really didn't know what to do and didn't have any Hybrid LNBs on his truck. So I got a 42 Switch install. Along with the dishes, of which I no longer need the 129, remounted. Afterwards I cleaned up and simplified it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I had my dual H3 setup done way back and I did all kinds of research since it wasn't being done and I had a feeling when I went to Retention to get "approval", they'd balk at it so I wanted to have my "Duck in a Row". I thought it was Hybrid LNB with Hybrid "Hubs" no 42 Switch needed, like here: DP vs DPP vs DPH

Although a "Training Tech" did the install, he really didn't know what to do and didn't have any Hybrid LNBs on his truck. So I got a 42 Switch install. Along with the dishes, of which I no longer need the 129, remounted. Afterwards I cleaned up and simplified it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Your dual Hopper 3 installation requires a 42 switch and not a hybrid LNB. It won't work without that 42 switch.

No, not a different Dish but a DPP LNBF and LNBF Bracket if the Hybrid you have now is a Slimline - which I don't believe it is.
One other thing, with the 129 gone, you only need 2 cables from the Western Arc LNBF now

Alright, so speaking of ducks in a row, I need to pick your brain again. I just got the DPH42 switch and the power inserter in the mail.

I've attached a few photos so you can see my current outside setup, which I've been using this whole time with just one Hopper 3 and a 4K joey.

Based off these photos, please tell me that I don't need a different dish and that I won't have to re-align anything. Since I'm doing this whole thing myself, if I do need another LNBF, I just want it to be a simple "unscrew the current one, screw on the new one, everything else stays the same" type of job. And yes, this is 61.5 and 72 Eastern Arc.

DSC01171.JPG

DSC01172.JPG

DSC01173.JPG

DSC01174.JPG

Yep just swap the lnb with a dpp lnb and connect the 42 switch.

Just checking, this is the one right, Dish 1000.2 DPP Twin? And I can use the same bracket and mounting arm that I have right now?

I know this one is an A4... can't find an A7 yet... but just wanted to make sure I was getting the right one. Also, I only connect 2 coaxes to the first two ports on the left?

dish2a.jpg

dish2b.jpg

Just checking, this is the one right, Dish 1000.2 DPP Twin? And I can use the same bracket and mounting arm that I have right now?

I know this one is an A4... can't find an A7 yet... but just wanted to make sure I was getting the right one. Also, I only connect 2 coaxes to the first two ports on the left?

View attachment 165532

View attachment 165533
Yes to all your questions.