Two Tvs One Receiver

pritz786

Original poster
Nov 26, 2005
Hi Guys,
I just bought an new house and the cable wiring is an mess. I am myself still an newbie at dish. But heres my problem:
I have an one receiver and three tvs, i somehow want to get the same channel watching on the main tv on all the tvs. I googled it and found out that the splitter should be on the ouput of the receiver, but the reciever and the cables arent close and dont wanna run cables all around the house.

Hope u guys can understand it. I dont wanna shell out 5 extra bucks per month as i m gonna be just watching the other tv rarely
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanx

P.S. Also have looked into some Wireless Audio/Video Sender Receiver but not sure about the quality. Any reviews on them would be appreciated.

I tried wireless but there is a lot of interference, no matter what the salesmen say.

RUN THE WIRE.

I have a house where it is almost impossible to run interior wiring to the second floor, for various reasons. I am not allowed to do any drilling or cutting of walls.

I found the best (and very cheap) solution was:

1) run the 75ohm "TV out" signal over to the window

2) convert it to 300 ohm flat wire,

3) run that between window & frame to outdoors

4) tack it to siding & run it up one floor

5) pass it into 2nd floor window & convert back to 75 ohm

I am lucky I don't have metal siding, the 300 ohm wire shows almost no loss over a 15 foot length. That was a very pleasant surprise. The ViP211k must put out a good strong signal, because the picture upstairs if very good. 300ohm twin-lead is almost considered obsolete nowdays, but it did the job for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts