Ugly Dish Satellite Install Picture

This is what I would do if I arrived at your house and I saw this, I would call the last event provider. I would send a pic to to my FSM. Extend time and reinstall your system. I would run new coax from the dish, check to make sure your mount is secure, and replace small parts and unapproved fittings if any. Most likely a fresh install down to and up to the receiver because a lot of the techs are Dirtbags and do sh*t work in and out.
Then I go out get 6 points to fix it in 45 minutes?? No I will extbe be time claim AdditionalnUnits and bring your faith back.
I bet that POS didn't even ground it, messenger, or the whole system. I would check, and make sure it's secured as a whole.
Not even my market and that pisses me off, take pride in your work. I would have him fired in a flash.
I work 12-14 hour days 6 days a week and wanna see my wife and daughter just as bad as the next guy, but sh*t we get paid to provide a service for someone. Learn the job or GTFO.

Wow what a horrible lazy install....#1 I would never allow anyone to install a dish on the roof interfering with shingles and just 1 more avenue for a possible leak...I would demand taking it off the roof and fixing the holes that were done by this skimpy install..If he was so lazy about not properly and neatly running the RG6 I can only bet there was no consideration taken for your roof and possible leaks!...What an arsehole!!!

:) don't forget to ask for a new roof, coffee and donuts

Is my Dish also missing the rear supporting bracket? Or is that how the new Dish Satellites come?

Not all dish mounts come with supporting brackets.

Had complete loss of signal and a Dish Tech installed a new Dish. What is with all the wires hanging off the new Dish? Are there any Dish standards for aesthetics?
Wow. That is a terrible install. The dish doesn't even look like it's in focus!

The number of fails for QA in the picture alone are rather high on this one, no drip loop that I can see, improperly secured wiring, and excess wiring just to name a few and I'm sure that there are more that aren't in the picture. That would definitely not even come close to passing QA muster if inspected and needs to be completely redone. +

The number of fails for QA in the picture alone are rather high on this one, no drip loop that I can see, improperly secured wiring, and excess wiring just to name a few and I'm sure that there are more that aren't in the picture. That would definitely not even come close to passing QA muster if inspected and needs to be completely redone. +

The tech may just forgot to tight the wires, may be was a rainy day :rain, or he just need to take a leak ..... :oldno
The drip loop is in the gutter ;)
The visible 3 wires are exactly one-two loops behind the dish.

What kind is the second dish - 500+ international or DirectTV?

Always avoid chat (offshore based) and get on phone and request CSR's in the USA. USA CSR's are available only during certain hours. For things like what was pictured, the off shore CSR's have absolutely no point of reference nor understand the standards of what is acceptable here in the USA. To them, the OP's install is just fine. What could be wrong with that? "Sloppy install?" "Wires hanging?" "So what's wrong with that?" is there thinking. They can't wrap their heads around it. I've never had a problem with any Dish in the USA CSR's understanding what is expected and how things work HERE in the USA.

The only difference between US and offshore CSR's is that the USA based support will pleased any dump request just because...
On the other hand the offshore support will look for some common sense...... (this statement does not include the India tech support :shh)
Other than that the most tech supports are minimum wage employ which just read a script.

In my area, there seem to be sub-contractor Dish installers and "corporate" installers and they each point the finger at the other for sloppy installs. I live in a 4-plex and I've seen a lot of techs come and go and I'm ALWAYS cleaning up the messes the sub-contractor installers leave. That's not to say they're all bad. But most have left wire pieces laying around, they chop ends off cables and throw them in the yard, complain about the mess the last tech left, etc. I share an Eastern Arc dish with my neighbor and she had to have a tech come by last Saturday for something. While he was there I asked him if he would re-peak the dish because we've been having rain fade. He said he would, but then sped off before doing anything. Jerk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)