UHF antennas

Yes, Can I have two or more antennas hooked up to the same receiver.
I have 4 SD tv's but I would never watch more than two at time so I don't want to pay for another receiver.

Yes, Can I have two or more antennas hooked up to the same receiver.
I have 4 SD tv's but I would never watch more than two at time so I don't want to pay for another receiver.

I'm GUESSING you're asking if you can split the signal to multple TVs from the output of your receiver.....:confused: If that's the question the answer is sure you can--same channel/same time of course. I have 3 SD TVs hooked up to the TV2 output of my 722, works fine. You just use common splitters. If that's NOT what you're asking we need more details.

Ed

Based on the title as well as the body of his post, I think he wants to know if he can have two antennas hooked up to one rec'r (via the OTA input). The answer is yes, BUT connecting two antennas (that are both UHF) means you are very likely to get some rather nasty multipath issues with the combined signal. Why do you want to do this?

Based on the title as well as the body of his post, I think he wants to know if he can have two antennas hooked up to one rec'r (via the OTA input). The answer is yes, BUT connecting two antennas (that are both UHF) means you are very likely to get some rather nasty multipath issues with the combined signal. Why do you want to do this?
Could be like what I had to do before we got out locals...a rouge station in a different direction from the majority. Connected two with splitter. Had no problem in my case.

Probably using 2 antennas in 2 different directions opposed to using 1 antenna and a rotor? Guess he could use an A/B switch

Could be like what I had to do before we got out locals...a rouge station in a different direction from the majority. Connected two with splitter. Had no problem in my case.
If the stations are far enough apart (direction wise) and/or your two antennas are directional enough -- then yes I can see that working.

Go back and read his second post. He wants to connect to SD receivers, no ATSC tuners..What is the question/UHF TV antenna or multiple satellite dishes/ or splitting receiver outputs?

Actually, if you read post number 4, he sounds like he wants to connect his receiver to multiple TV's, but is using the wrong terminology.
True. I missed the fact he had posted to the thread a second time (and thought it was just someone speculating). This guye really knows how to mangle a question and confuse people. Connecting multiple TVs has little to nothing to do with UHF antennas. LOL :confused: Perhaps he thinks he needs a UHF remote antenna in each room with a TV to be able to control it -- but if that was actually needed (and we all know it is not) then it'd totally defect the purpose of making the remote RF instead of IR.

I must be using the wrong terminology. I did not think this was such a hard question. I am going to get little a antenna to put on the back of my SD TV that is not connected to the receiver. If I have two or three of these little antennas that go on the back of my TVs can they all be controlled by the same receiver.

I must be using the wrong terminology. I did not think this was such a hard question. I am going to get little a antenna to put on the back of my SD TV that is not connected to the receiver. If I have two or three of these little antennas that go on the back of my TVs can they all be controlled by the same receiver.
No. Plus, you are going to need NTSC (digital) converter boxes most likely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts