Unable to re-add HD Absolute after Dish Pause

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

samalex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Waco, Texas
I enabled Dish Pause in February and just today called to setup service at the new house, and I was pretty upset when they said they couldn't re-enable HD Absolute, which we'd had before moving. The guy said American HD Silver was the closest thing, but we had MANY more channels than that package using HD Absolute.

Maybe I should've been more persistent, but I ended up getting the American HD Gold plan plus HD Platinum. The monthly will probably hover around $85 which is about $40 more than we were paying before. Sucks, but I can always move to a lesser package i guess.

So has anyone ever enabled Dish Pause and gotten their original package back, even if it's not available any longer? If so maybe I can call back...

Also they're coming out next week to install the new dish on the house, but I keep seeing people talk about different satellites they connect to. I remember at the old house we had several satellites that it picked-up, but which ones would give us the most options? They never tell you some channels are dependent on some satellites and not every dish will pick-up all of them. I ran into this when we first got Dish like 6 years ago... we didn't get all the channels they advertised, and calling back I was told we'd need a second dish to get them, which I didn't feel like paying for. So what should I look for when getting the new dish installed? I want to learn as much on this as possible before the installer comes out so I know what to ask.

Thanks --

Sam

Contact the exec resolution team at ceo at echostar dot com and see if they will give you your Absolute back. They are the only ones that can. You'll get a single antenna for either the eastern or western arc. I'd guess Waco would likely be on the western arc , so a 1000.2 for 110/119/129. The only subs having issues are ones with hybrid installs, 110/119/61.5 and we're being changed over to a pure western or eastern arc setup.

I enabled Dish Pause in February and just today called to setup service at the new house, and I was pretty upset when they said they couldn't re-enable HD Absolute, which we'd had before moving. The guy said American HD Silver was the closest thing, but we had MANY more channels than that package using HD Absolute.

Maybe I should've been more persistent, but I ended up getting the American HD Gold plan plus HD Platinum. The monthly will probably hover around $85 which is about $40 more than we were paying before. Sucks, but I can always move to a lesser package i guess.

So has anyone ever enabled Dish Pause and gotten their original package back, even if it's not available any longer? If so maybe I can call back...

Also they're coming out next week to install the new dish on the house, but I keep seeing people talk about different satellites they connect to. I remember at the old house we had several satellites that it picked-up, but which ones would give us the most options? They never tell you some channels are dependent on some satellites and not every dish will pick-up all of them. I ran into this when we first got Dish like 6 years ago... we didn't get all the channels they advertised, and calling back I was told we'd need a second dish to get them, which I didn't feel like paying for. So what should I look for when getting the new dish installed? I want to learn as much on this as possible before the installer comes out so I know what to ask.

Thanks --

Sam

Same thing happened to me. E-mail ceo@echostar.com with your account # and see what they can do. I e-mailed them a copy of my last bill with HD Absolute.

Last edited:
Lost mine today, too

I got a replacement 622 today because of a bad HDMI port. I noticed I wasn't getting the HD channels mapped down and also noticed I was getting ESPNEWS SD (uh-oh). Checked my account and saw I was changed to AT-200 - Annual. Sent my email to the CEO account. I'll cancel if this isn't fixed.

Edit: Even better, I just realized I lost all HD (except for locals) with this change.

Last edited:
usually yea if you go onto pause and have an older package it's hard to get them back. cuz when you go on pause you're actually changing your programming package and when those packages are no longer offered it makes them quite hard to get back into. but yea try the ERT team, they would be your only hope

I got a replacement 622 today because of a bad HDMI port. I noticed I wasn't getting the HD channels mapped down and also noticed I was getting ESPNEWS SD (uh-oh). Checked my account and saw I was changed to AT-200 - Annual. Sent my email to the CEO account. I'll cancel if this isn't fixed.

Edit: Even better, I just realized I lost all HD (except for locals) with this change.

Got a Dish auto-survey call today for my transaction yesterday. That was fun. I had to confirm my "strongly disagree" response. I was able to leave an audio response to explain my displeasure. That made me feel marginally better.

Soon after, I got a callback from the ERT(I know, unrelated). Very sorry this happened. I'll fix it. I later realized she never mentioned Absolute. I checked my account later and saw I was changed from AT-200 - Annual to AT-200. Thanks. Just what I needed. Thank goodness she gave me a callback number.

Yeah, the ERT told me it was the CSR that activated my receiver that did the program change. She was going to look into it.

I did just get an email confirming my change from AT200 - Annual to AT-200. Friggin unbelievable. Did I just get an ERT trainee?

you have been grandfathered into hd absolute until february when you removed the programming and put dish pause on instead. when you are grandfathered into programming you may use it until you remove it. once you remove it, its gone. we just got a memo on hd absolute and they are cracking down on it being re-added to accounts. it takes approval by ERT supervisor now to get it put back on. and the only way the new policy is letting it back on is if it was removed in error by an agent.

in your case, you chose to remove it and chose to only pay 5 bucks a month for your dish pause instead of your programming. you are most likely going to be SOL on this one as the sup will most likely deny the change. this is why the agent has to get back to you and cant simply make the change themselves, like they could have a couple days ago.

you got greedy, wanted to pay even less then you were paying for an awesome package that is no longered offered. you took a gamble that will most likely cost you an extra 40 bucks a month to save 25.00 bucks a month on dish pause for 6 months. great job!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)