Universal HD for Winter Olympics? (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

Oyving

SatelliteGuys Family
Supporting Founder
Oct 3, 2003
Amboy IL
Has anybody heard whether or not Universal NBC HD would be made available as MPEG 2 in time for the Olympics. It seems that it would be a good PR move for E*.

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
Yeah, putting up the SuperBowl in HD for everyone would be good PR too.

No, their idea of PR is having Podunk, TX rename their town to Dish, TX.

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
Why does this always come up. The super bowl does not get special treatment because of it's event. The superbowl is carried on a network which has it's rules and can not just be "put up" for everyone.

and no universal HD will not be available to mpeg2 boxes, it will be available in the new packsge with mpeg4 boxes starting 2/1

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
BFG said:
Why does this always come up. The super bowl does not get special treatment because of it's event. The superbowl is carried on a network which has it's rules and can not just be "put up" for everyone....
And that differs from the Olympics, how?

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
well if you want the superbowl on dish to be delayed by 24 hours, then they can do that.

Dish will not be simulcasting the NBC network, it will be replays and highlights

AdamGott

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 16, 2005
Idaho Falls, ID
BFG said:
well if you want the superbowl on dish to be delayed by 24 hours, then they can do that.

Dish will not be simulcasting the NBC network, it will be replays and highlights

Being that I watch everything on DVR anyway, I could go for this.... the Super Bowl on 24 hour delay in HD, not the NBC 'highlights.'

gdarwin

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 9, 2005
Lousville, KY
AdamGott said:
Being that I watch everything on DVR anyway, I could go for this.... the Super Bowl on 24 hour delay in HD, not the NBC 'highlights.'

Not if you are hosting a Super Bowl Party...:):):)

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
I agree with them, that's crazy. Especially since most people look forward to super bowl commercials

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts