UNIVERSAL SPORTS

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a dedicated dish, Directway with stock LNB on AMC1 adjusted for the funny skew and I have no problems receiving them. I believe that dish measures 39 inches by 23 inches.

The key thing with AMC1 as noted is the oddball skew. I've used a 30" with the skew properly done and had no issues with NBC here in Minnesota

The picture on Universal Sports is pretty crappy compared to other channels in the mux

I used my Prodelin 36" for a while on AMC1 Ku. Once peaked and skewed, the mux came in pretty strong, but the picture was horrible on that channel, very low bitrate.

I've continually read about the oddball skew on AMC1, but I'm a little perplexed. I have a motorized setup with a 30 inch dish and a Coolsat 5000. I pick up the Pentagon Channel with Q=77 and Black Shopping Channel with Q=75. Is this a C-band problem, or C and KU?
-LoTech

There are a couple strong transponders on 103W KU that a motorized will get...you pointed them out. If the skew was done properly you'll max the meter

As qwert noted the newsfeeds is where the proper skew comes in. I can barelyt lock most of them. If the skew is done properly I can lock numerous feeds :)

There are a couple strong transponders on 103W KU that a motorized will get...you pointed them out. If the skew was done properly you'll max the meter

As qwert noted the newsfeeds is where the proper skew comes in. I can barelyt lock most of them. If the skew is done properly I can lock numerous feeds :)

I can lock some news feeds and the NBC muxes (as well as Pentagon and Universal) but I get some pixelation on the East and Central feeds, even with 70-something % quality, which is usually excellent for the Diamond. Is this normal? I don't have the dish skewed at the moment. I just use my motorized 39" for it with the lnb in the normal position.

You might also feel the need for a bigger dish...

Probably not. Very strong, clean signal using my fixed primestar dish (the smaller of the two types - 74cm?)

A new receiver or PCI card is very likely possibility unless he already has a DVB-S2 capable receiver/PCI card.

The Pentagon Channel is very strong, do you get any of the news feeds on that satellite (They are much weaker).

I had never tried for anything other than The Pentagon Channel until just a few minutes ago. I did a quick blind scan from 12.000H to 12.100H and locked about 5 channels ranging from 66Q to 70Q on my Coolsat 5000.

What kinds of feeds do they generally have? Anything good. Right now all I'm seeing is several people sitting in a room and some color bars.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts