Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Unleash unlimited Sling TV on T-Mobile with Binge On

We know many of you like to tune in to Sling TV on your mobile devices to catch live sports and other must-watch moments in real-time. Until today, this habit required you to nervously monitor your data usage as it climbed toward your monthly data cap. Understandably, overusing data is a significant pain point for our customers. At Sling TV, our mission is to simplify your TV experience by eliminating traditional pay-TV pain points like long-term contracts, big package bundles and high prices, while giving you the ability to watch your favorite shows now.

Today, with the help of T-Mobile, we’re closer than ever to accomplishing our mission. Together, Sling TV and T-Mobile are changing the game again. We’re uniting mobile and video to save your data and your sanity, and it’s called Binge On.

Starting this Sunday, November 15, T-Mobile customers with Sling TV can stream as much as they want, minus the stress of worrying about data caps. We’re talking about streaming unlimited sports, unlimited movies, unlimited news, lifestyle and kids’ shows from your smartphone or tablet without ever eating into your wireless data. Plus, T-Mobile customers with qualified plans can receive a 7-day free trial of Sling TV and 30 percent off a subscription to our “Best of Live TV” package for 12 months, courtesy of T-Mobile.*

This groundbreaking relationship is a testimony to the impact wireless technology has had on the way we think about video. In many ways, this reminds me of what’s happened to the music industry. I remember the days when listening to my favorite CDs (okay, vinyl) was an in-home experience. Today, we all have our music at our fingertips and simply have to pull out our phones to start listening.

Thanks to innovations from Sling TV and T-Mobile, you have the same unlimited access to your TV as you do with your music. Now you can watch your favorite shows, live or on-demand, anytime or anywhere, without the fear of astronomical data overages, and only with Sling TV and Binge On.

How it works
How do you get Binge On? If you’re already a T-Mobile customer on a Simple Choice plan, you don’t even need to sign up—starting this Sunday, November 15, you’re automatically enrolled in Binge On, at no extra charge. To start your 7-day free trial of Sling TV and find out how to get your first 12 months of the “Best of Live TV” package for $14 per month, go to t-mobile.com/bingeon.

At Sling TV, we believe in revolutionizing your TV experience, and this new offer with T-Mobile is just one of the many ways your TV will be changing for the better. Stay tuned for more.

* Discount available to customers with a qualifying T-Mobile account, as determined by T-Mobile. Limit one discount per telephone line. Sling TV not responsible for wireless data or wireless data limits. After 12 month discount period, your credit card will be charged for regular monthly retail price of applicable Sling TV subscription until you cancel your service. Requires Internet-connected Sling TV-compatible device.

I would assume they would add it eventually, since they are supporting DirecTV's app right out of the gate, and both of Sling's apps (Sling TV and Sling Box). I am interested in the 30% discount offer, and I hope this leads Dish and T-Mobile to more discussions :) .

I've not been able to find a definite answer, wasn't sure if anyone here knew for sure:
Binge On includes Sling TV and Sling.
Since the Dish Anywhere app is powered by Sling, is the Dish Anywhere app included in the Binge On program?

I've found myself watching a lot of original programming on Amazon & Netflix - I've actually stopped using Comcast in the house because of data caps.
Binge On is a fantastic way to watch tv without worrying about caps :)

I called them and asked the same question. Spent an hour talking to multiple people and at the end the answer is NO. Dishnetwork dishanywhere app is not on binge on list and data counts towards your montly data allowance. I think it is stupid sling and slingtv is on the list, direct tv on the list and dish anywhere is not. But still binge on is a great service.

Reactions: schneider21
Since T-Mobile sucks around here its a moot point

You can add all the "free stuff" you want to the phone....but if the service is horrible does it really matter?

Reactions: Tampa8
Since T-Mobile sucks around here its a moot point

You can add all the "free stuff" you want to the phone....but if the service is horrible does it really matter?

I had that issue too, until September when they turned on the LTE towers in my county.
I immediately saw upload speeds around 75mbps, compared to 5-10mpbs for my ATT phone.
So I switched for a bunch of reasons, but I'd be fibbing if I didn't say Binge On and Music Freedom didn't have something to do with it.

Reactions: TheKrell
I had tmobile 7 years ago and coverage was bad then switch to att but their coverage around my neighborhood never got better instead they sent me a microcell. Three months ago i was mad at att so ditched my unlimited plan and switched to tmobile again and glad i did. They came along way. Coverage is great now with band12 and paying less. International free internet is great too. We went to cancun a month ago and no fear of overages. I used my phone like i was in us. Love tmobile... Maybe you should recheck your coverage because they constantly adding new towers and upgrading the old ones.

John Legere was quoted as saying that their focus in 14 & 15 wasn't to expand service into areas where they currently have no coverage, yet (ie: West Virginia).
They wanted to bring all their old Edge towers up to LTE & Band 12 status Meaning that if you had coverage, even if it was crappy, odds are it was going to get significantly better in 2015.
And from my experience in Central PA in 2015, that's exactly what happened. Obviously YMMV, but my signal where I spend 95% of my time is on par with ATT, with faster speeds and a cheaper price.

Is Band 12 that longer range LTE frequency that works better through walls?

Yes, T-Mobile also calls Band 12 "Extended Range LTE". It's a 700 MHz band frequency that penetrates walls better than much of their existing coverage which is 1800+ MHz.

Yes, T-Mobile also calls Band 12 "Extended Range LTE". It's a 700 MHz band frequency that penetrates walls better than much of their existing coverage which is 1800+ MHz.

In my situation, my kids have iPhone 5's (no band 12 chip) and get no signal in our neighborhood (let alone the house).
My iPhone 6s (is a band 12 phone) gives me 2 bars in the house - and it's strong enough (and consistent enough) to stream video without interruption.

Reactions: jegrant
This is why the upcoming auction of 600 MHz is valuable, especially so for Sprint and T-Mobile, who have a lot less 800 MHz bandwidth than AT&T and Verizon. The lower frequencies don't have quite as much bandwidth but are much better on other characteristics.

Yes, T-Mobile also calls Band 12 "Extended Range LTE". It's a 700 MHz band frequency that penetrates walls better than much of their existinhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadband_over_power_linesg coverage which is 1800+ MHz.
just some old information dunno if anyone heard about it. very old news. though
the old paved the way for the new la la :)

they were going to use electricity to deliver fast internet too
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadband_over_power_lines

just posting cuz i may wanna come back and get this information one day.
also there was a company called cellularvision *this was back in 1998.some interesting information.
I remember because a friend of mine had cable tv from this company.

Cellularvision USA Inc. agreed yesterday to sell to Winstar Communications Inc. almost two-thirds of the radio spectrum bandwidth it uses to provide wireless television and Internet services in New York City.

Under the deal, Winstar would pay $32.5 million to acquire 850 of the 1,300 megahertz of continuous local multipoint distribution services, or LMDS, spectrum that Cellularvision holds under a license from the Federal Communications Commission. Winstar's New York City holdings would total 1,750 megahertz.
http://www.nytimes.com/1998/07/14/business/cellularvision-to-sell-bandwidth-to-winstar.html

Before someone switches do some research not only on Tmobile availability in your area but also if you travel at all. I had a free week to try their data plan, I gave up after three days. Compared to what I have (Att) it was horrible. This area you got it, then go down the road and puff, gone. It is rare, very rare for me to lose Att. (And likely the same if I had Verizon but last resort for me...)
But beyond that, Tmobile throttles data now, not after some amount of data used, all the time. I found this out when my Sister In Law in passing said all of a sudden Youtube was stuttering, and video via Facebook was terrible with her Tmobile phone. What has happened is some companies have adapted to Tmobile and provide a downsized picture that works ok, but others delivering the full resolution may not work so well. On a tablet or Phablet the downrezzing may be noticeable.

I'm NOT saying Binge On is bad, I don't have Tmobile and can't give a first hand account. But it does look like there are some strings you should know about.
https://www.techdirt.com/blog/netne...hrottling-video-even-though-it-says-not.shtml

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2497816,00.asp

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3021...video-blames-everyone-else-for-confusion.html

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2016/...-bingeon-optimization-just-throttling-applies

Reactions: Mr Tony
So, specifically, T-Mobile is only throttling video, not all data, not unless someone has reached the limit of their high speed data plan. And, you can turn it off (see FAQ): http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/binge-on-streaming-video.html . Personally I have never seen any issues on YouTube, but I don't watch gaming/gameplay videos, which seem to be the ones most affected for some reason.
The benefits of leaving the throttling (Binge On) activated: * Uses less data to stream videos, * Some video services (Netflix, Hulu, Sling TV, full list at link above) won't use your high speed data, * Unlimited plans get a Vudu credit each month they leave Binge On activated the whole month, and Binge On partner videos don't count against Hotspot usage. On the other hand: * Maybe you don't watch a lot of video but when you do, you want HD quality, * Maybe you don't subscribe to or watch any of the free video partner services, * Unlimited plan users may prefer to have HD quality video and don't care about getting a Vudu credit, and maybe don't use Hotspot or don't use it for videos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)