Upconverting 7.1 A/V Receivers for use with Dish 522

tpaikeda

Original poster
Apr 24, 2006
Hi,
I am not ready to move to a 622, but currently have a 522 which I will be hooking into a projector, via an A/V receiver. My projector's de-interlacing capabilities are poor, so I am looking for a 7.1 receiver which does 480i to 720p (analog to HDMI) upconverting, AND, is compatible with the 522. Brand/Model# suggestions and personal experiences are greatly appreciated.

Thx,
Tony

Are you looking for a Dish receiver that outputs 7.1 audio and SD video?

I have not heard of any Dish receivers that output 7.1 audio - Anyone??

Jim5506 said:
Are you looking for a Dish receiver that outputs 7.1 audio and SD video?

I have not heard of any Dish receivers that output 7.1 audio - Anyone??

Thanks Jim,
I just mentioned 7.1, because I'm in the market for a new receiver. I would be pulling s-video from my 522, into the A/V receiver (in addition to digital optical feed for audio). I just figured that since I'm buying a new receiver, I could get one that does analog to HDMI upconverting, and solve 2 problems at once (as I mentioned, my projector is not great at de-interlacing a 480i feed). I figure this problem goes away once I upgrade to a 622, but I won't be ready to do that for some time.

Thanks,
Tony

I think all the HD DishNetwork receivers have HDMI output. I am not sure about the older ones (6000, etc.). I know the 622 does. I just looked up the 811 and it has HDMI output. So I assume all the HD receivers above the 811 have it. None of the SD receivers have it - it is not needed for SD.

Agreed (re: HDMI available off Dish HD boxes). I was really wondering about what A/V receivers could take the SD feed from my 522 and upconvert it to 720p reliably. Also, when I upgrade to HD in the future, I want to be sure that whatever A/V receiver I purchase today, is compatible with say, a 622. I'm concerned about this because I've also heard that a satellite box and an A/V receiver connected over HDMI can be incompatible because of differences in how they've implemented HDCP respectively. So, just as an example, I am considering both of these:

Yamaha:
http://www.audioholics.com/productreviews/avhardware/YamahaRXV2600receiver1.php

JVC:
http://reviews.cnet.com/JVC_RX_D702/4505-6466_7-31473551-2.html?tag=sub

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)