Updated L2.81 Release Notes and future fix notes

jerryez said:
Dish offically told me that the acquiring signal is not a bug, but as designed. You are susposed to turn your receiver off when not in use and the aquiring signal problem will not occur. It susposedly gives the receiver time to download the guide.

You were very miss informed. I turn my receiver off every night. Where did you get this information? Sounds like CSR info. If this is really dish's position they got bigger issues.

Lets all hope this is not the official word. :D

jerryez said:
Dish offically told me that the acquiring signal is not a bug, but as designed. You are susposed to turn your receiver off when not in use and the aquiring signal problem will not occur.

... and I am selling the Brooklyn Bridge.

Dish just told you a bunch of nonsense. The part about turning off the receiver I mean, not the part about the 811 being a defective design and working best when it's turned off :)

Not sure who you talked to but this is a load of 811's....

I turn my receivers off when not in use...this just happens out of the blue...in fact you can replicate it if you have a 301, running P229...hit sysinfo then cancel right away, you should see sat acquisition testing 0 of 5 ...1 of 5 ...back to viewing show.

This issue did not occur on the 301's until P202, P203, P204, P226, P229. Prior to these revs the 301 was rock solid and I had never seen this acquisition error. This has to be related to memory size, a memory leak, or something along those lines.

Jason

DWS44 said:
Actually KITT was the first year of the third gen Trans-Ams! ;)

Dooh...Your right, forgot the 60's first generation. :eek:

DWS44 said:
You have any other pics of your 78 T/A?

Yes, I'll try to post them in the not too distant future. :D

NightRyder

RF interference problems since latest update

hey Scott. ANy help on the following would be great.

Since the new software (on the 15th) update for my HD811 the 811 seems to be outputting a signal that is interfering with my pronto pro ng 7000 RF reciever.

When the 811 is powered down the RF problem goes away-everything works fine. When powered on, the 7000 will not control all of the devises. Everything worked fine prior to the update. I have changed rf channels several time on the pronto rf reciever as well as the 811...does not help. Pronto has latest firmware update.

-bob

foerster99 said:
hey Scott. ANy help on the following would be great.

Since the new software (on the 15th) update for my HD811 the 811 seems to be outputting a signal that is interfering with my pronto pro ng 7000 RF reciever.

When the 811 is powered down the RF problem goes away-everything works fine. When powered on, the 7000 will not control all of the devises. Everything worked fine prior to the update. I have changed rf channels several time on the pronto rf reciever as well as the 811...does not help. Pronto has latest firmware update.

-bob
Hi Bob, Welcome to SatelliteGuys

Wow, never heard of this one before, but in my prior days of being an RF Engineer I have seen alot of surprising issues caused by things you'd never suspect, so I am not doubting you at all. My Onkyo receiver has an RF remote and I am not seeing interference with it, I'm almost tempted to walk you thru a memory dump so you can reinstall the firmware and try again.

You should report this to E* like "Pronto" :D Do you mind if I forward your post to some people I know that maybe interested in this issue? I can probably get you a response faster than going thru ATSR.

Jason

please forward on my post to whomever you like.

I talked to a dish tech (no help). My thought was to resinstall the previous firmware edition prior to the latest upgrade.

I would be more than happy for you to walk me through a memory dump.

It is strange..i agree. But, I am sure its the 811 since the problem only occures when the 811 is powered on and it only just started happening since the firmware upgrade.

My email is foerster99@yahoo.com. Shoot my an email and let me know what you would like to do. Thanks a ton for the support.

-bob

foerster99 said:
please forward on my post to whomever you like.

I talked to a dish tech (no help). My thought was to resinstall the previous firmware edition prior to the latest upgrade.

I would be more than happy for you to walk me through a memory dump.

It is strange..i agree. But, I am sure its the 811 since the problem only occures when the 811 is powered on and it only just started happening since the firmware upgrade.

My email is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Shoot my an email and let me know what you would like to do. Thanks a ton for the support.

-bob
Will forward, You may want to remove your email addy or the spambots will find you...;)

Let me see what kind of answer I get before we dump your receiver...

BTW a dump would only cause the revision currently in stream to re-flash, the only way to get a previous revision would be if Echostar respooled the previous revision...which, to my understanding is very very very rare.

I will email you when I get word back.

Best regards,
Jason

thanks jason

I hear ya on the dish comment.

I will wait your email. In the meantime, I have a second 811 that is in another room that I will switch with the curren one and see what happens.

Again, thanks for the help.

bob

foerster99 said:
I will wait your email. In the meantime, I have a second 811 that is in another room that I will switch with the curren one and see what happens.
Yes, by all means try that and let me know the results...Both are running P281?

Jason

foerster99 said:
thanks jason

I hear ya on the dish comment.

Again, thanks for the help.

bob
Bob, What are the exact models of your remote and RF extender...Do you have the Pro NG TSU3000 with RFX6000 RF extender? Does your setup use the 811 IR Blaster? If so try removing the Rf Units IR Blaster transmitter from the 811 IR port and see what happens.

If your could post or email me your specs it would be appreciated as I am being asked specifics.

Thanks,
Jason

FYI:

I don't know when it was fixed but my VCR timer now works as advertised, at least as far as I can tell. It used to turn the 811 on and tell the VCR to REC but without any video output; now I get video like it's supposed to.

The acquiring signal "bug" doesn't seem to be rearing it's ugly head as much. I cannot remember the last time it did it.

My clock runs slow on OTA but catches up is a second or two after switching to a SAT channel.

At present I think the Freeze / Slow motion problem bugs me the most. It always seems to do it during the most important part of the movie; never a commercial. ;^)

An interesting note... Back in June OTA channel 10-1 couldn't get a lock then the July update came along and fixed 10-1 but the problem jumped to 5-1 & 5-2 now this latest upgrade comes along and that problem went away or moved to a channel I don't use.

W4WMM said:
FYI:

I don't know when it was fixed but my VCR timer now works as advertised, at least as far as I can tell. It used to turn the 811 on and tell the VCR to REC but without any video output; now I get video like it's supposed to.

The acquiring signal "bug" doesn't seem to be rearing it's ugly head as much. I cannot remember the last time it did it.

My clock runs slow on OTA but catches up is a second or two after switching to a SAT channel.

At present I think the Freeze / Slow motion problem bugs me the most. It always seems to do it during the most important part of the movie; never a commercial. ;^)

An interesting note... Back in June OTA channel 10-1 couldn't get a lock then the July update came along and fixed 10-1 but the problem jumped to 5-1 & 5-2 now this latest upgrade comes along and that problem went away or moved to a channel I don't use.
The timer firing issue was a fix in release P281.

Slow clock on OTA is related to the stations PSIP data, this has been talked about in lengths over at another forum.

I was having very often slomo....I ended up finding out my power was flaking out...I put a Durantz disturbance meter on my line and found out the line was dipping to around 51 volts...I put a UPS on my 811 and DPP44 power inserter and I haven't seen the issue since. This worked in my case, but another user that tried says it didn't help his situation. Then again he was trying to run a 34" CRT off the same small UPS unit.

With P280 I lost some OTA's I was previously able to lock. But they were not any of my DMA locals so it was no big loss. I have mentioned this issue but not very many people are reporting the issue so it is not a priority.

Jason

nippjas said:
Slow clock on OTA is related to the stations PSIP data, this has been talked about in lengths over at another forum.

Jason

Jason,
Don't blame the slow OTA clock on bad PSIP data, ANALOG stations have no PSIP. The clock just simply loses time when not watching a satellite channel for it to receive the 'time' from.

n0qcu said:
Jason,
Don't blame the slow OTA clock on bad PSIP data, ANALOG stations have no PSIP. The clock just simply loses time when not watching a satellite channel for it to receive the 'time' from.
Yes I agree Analog OTA's do not transmit PSIP. Although I do not know many mapping analogs. In this situation I was quoting E* and the Station in question admitted it was the station clock as it was a month or so off. To my understanding TOD and Date are transmitted in PSIP for a DIGITAL OTA station, whether or not it is actually decoded and used is a completely separate topic...

Come to think of it, isn't there several stations transmitting TOD info in an analog trans...Like PBS? For the VCR's with autoclock set...they ask you to tune in PBS to auto set the clock....? :confused:

I believe I know where your going with this one and yes I would have to agree that the hardware should do a better job with TOD when flipping between DBS and OTA...In fact there is no reason why E* couldn't manage this continuously as they now have OTA EPG data.

Jason

Remote: Pronto Pro NG 7000
RF transmitter: Pronto RF Extender RFX6000

I tried removing the Extender eye fromthe 811 but to no effect. RF system so far only works when 811 is powered down.

Need any other information?

-b

nippjas said:
Bob, What are the exact models of your remote and RF extender...Do you have the Pro NG TSU3000 with RFX6000 RF extender? Does your setup use the 811 IR Blaster? If so try removing the Rf Units IR Blaster transmitter from the 811 IR port and see what happens.

If your could post or email me your specs it would be appreciated as I am being asked specifics.

Thanks,
Jason

pronto pro ng 7000 with RFX6000 extender. Setup uses 811 IR Blaster. I tried removing the RF unites IR blaster but to no avail.

The 7000 has latest firmware upate.

Like I stated before...problem started right after the 811 was updated. Problem does not exist when the 811 is powered down.

:)

Strange one. I will agree.

nippjas said:

Thanks,
Jason

See my response prior to this one for the make and model of the pronto.

I did some additional trouble-shooting by testing my second 811 and here is what i found.

When the 811s are powered on but not hooked up the the rf remote system worked fine.

So, I then started unhooking the various connections to see witch connection was causing the interference. I found that when the RG6 cable was disconnected from the SAT in and the DIG antenna in- the problem was corrected.

In sum, the problem persists when the 811 is powered on and is hooked up to the Satellite. When powered on and disconnected from the SAT, the the remote system functions properly.

Thoughts? Solutions? Perhaps there is some feedback between the Sat receiver and the dish? Perhaps the update is causing some feedback from the sat in connection?

-b

foerster99 said:
See my response prior to this one for the make and model of the pronto.

I did some additional trouble-shooting by testing my second 811 and here is what i found.

When the 811s are powered on but not hooked up the the rf remote system worked fine.

So, I then started unhooking the various connections to see witch connection was causing the interference. I found that when the RG6 cable was disconnected from the SAT in and the DIG antenna in- the problem was corrected.

In sum, the problem persists when the 811 is powered on and is hooked up to the Satellite. When powered on and disconnected from the SAT, the the remote system functions properly.

Thoughts? Solutions? Perhaps there is some feedback between the Sat receiver and the dish? Perhaps the update is causing some feedback from the sat in connection?

-b

If I recall, the 811 has an IR blaster and has a way to program a universal remote. The reason is because the 811 remote is UHF only. I have not actually done this myself so I am not sure how one would go about doing this but perhaps this is happening. I have a Pronto 3000NG. I also have an IR extender to get IR to my Sony but my IR receiver is sitting on top of my 811 and it is not picking up any signals from the 811. Maybe somehow the 811 is stuck in the remote programming mode?

Anybody now how to turn this on or off or am I smoking something here?

This seems to match the symptoms if I am understanding what you are saying?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)