Upgrade confusion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TooConfused

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 17, 2006
Earth
First I want to apologize for posting this since there is probably 100 threads about the same thing, but I'm still confused.

I currently own a DISH 6000 receiver and have DISH 500(110,119) and DISH300(61.5) connected via SW21 to my 6000.

I want to upgrade to the 622, but I cannot seem to get a straight answer from DISH or from my forum trolling. I don't want the local channels via DISH either as long as I can still use OTA with the 622?

I just called and was told I would have to get my Dishes replaced with the 1000? I don't know if that's BS or do I really need the 1000. I think my current 500 uses legacy LNB, so I not sure it will even work with new the receiver.
I just want to make sure since I guess I could just order the receiver and use my current Dish setup. If I don't need the 1000 I would just rather not have to deal with the install and do it myself.

I'm in the Birmingham, AL area. Can anyone set me straight on this? Should I just get the receiver and not the install or get the whole package with the 1000 install?
Back to reading...
TY for any advice :confused:

Next time you call csr, tell them you already have Dish 1000, I don't think you will have a prob. with your set-up. They will send 622 and set-up install date, after you get the 622 hook it up and see if it does check switch and downloads, if so you can call Dish Tech and try to activate it and cancel install appointment.
One question, do you have 2 cables going to location where you will have 622?

Thanks for the reply Dan... I only have one cable going to my 6000. The DISH 500 and DISH 300 are connected with an SW21 I believe and one cable runs to my 6K from that switch.

Thanks again for the info.

You don't NEED a Dish 1000. Installer came by this morning and gave me the option for my 622 upgrade. I had him just pop in a new 'lens' in the 110/119 dish and left the 61.5 alone. My signal strengths range from 87 to 98 across all 3.

Unfortunately, the TV1 output from the 622 they shipped me was inop but that's another story...

TooConfused said:
Thanks for the reply Dan... I only have one cable going to my 6000. The DISH 500 and DISH 300 are connected with an SW21 I believe and one cable runs to my 6K from that switch.

Thanks again for the info.
I am not up on legacy stuff, maybe someone else will jump in on this, but I think you need 2 sat feeds to the 622 but how it's done, I don't know.

You are going to need to get another line to your reciever. They can add another sw 21 to your current setup or they can replace your two dishes with one dish 1000 as long as you are not getting CBShd because it is only on 61.5, I think. Unless you have some specific reason not to, I would get the 1000.

Great.... thanks for all the info guys.
I guess I have no reason not to get the 1000 and I'll need another line run anyway. That's what I needed to know :)

TY so much and take care

Just thought I would update this...
Got my order in and install is on May 27th. CSR said since I already have two dishes, the installer will not install the 1000. I made sure she knew that both the 500 and 300 I have are legacy. I just hope they bring whatever they need to make it work :)

Thanks again guys

Last edited:
TooConfused said:
Just thought I would update this...
Got my order in and install is on May 27th. CSR said since I already have two dishes, the installer will not install the 1000. I made sure she knew that both the 500 and 300 I have are legacy. I just hope they bring whatever they need to make it work...
You could call back and find out what's on the work order. I'd hold out for a DPP44, but they have been in short supply of late. Maybe by your install date that will be corrected...

With legacy LNBs won't they install an SW64 switch (3x2 inputs, 4 outputs), which could drive the 622 and 6000 with 3 of the outputs. It's old but works.
-Ken

Hmm.. interesting. I'm not sure how it works, but I'm under the impression I can run to another TV from the 622 and not have to pay another receiver fee? I was not planning on using the 6K at this time and possibly selling it.

KKlare said:
With legacy LNBs won't they install an SW64 switch (3x2 inputs, 4 outputs), which could drive the 622 and 6000 with 3 of the outputs. It's old but works.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts