Upgrading from Hopper sling to Hopper 3

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
I am upgrading from Hopper with Sling to the Hopper 3 in a few days. I want to be able to transfer my recordings and dvr schedule to the new Hopper. I plugged in a external hard drive and only got the option to transfer 1 of my shows. The tv movies and other shows are not showing up when I select the external hard drive and press options and manage. Am I missing something or is this some copy protection thing? Thanks in advance. Also, how do I transfer the schedule so I do not have to set every timer again?

I am upgrading from Hopper with Sling to the Hopper 3 in a few days. I want to be able to transfer my recordings and dvr schedule to the new Hopper. I plugged in a external hard drive and only got the option to transfer 1 of my shows. The tv movies and other shows are not showing up when I select the external hard drive and press options and manage. Am I missing something or is this some copy protection thing? Thanks in advance. Also, how do I transfer the schedule so I do not have to set every timer again?

The Timer list and other settings are stored in the remote. Pair the remote from the old Hopper to the new Hopper and Restore Settings. You can get at the operations in Diagnostics/Tools/Back Up Settings in the old Hopper and Restore Settings to the new Hopper.

In my experience the best way to transfer the shows is to connect the Hoppers together with an ethernet wire. You then go to Diagnostics/Tools/Restore Recordings on the new Hopper and start the transfer. It might take a day or two but it will transfer all the shows including PTAT.

What JSheridan said. As an addition, if you are getting the new Hopper 3 installed have the installer leave the HWS with you and have a return box ordered so you can send it back after your transfer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)