Upgrading to HD....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sno543

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 3, 2006
Modesto, Ca
Hi everyone. I am scheduled for installtion on 5/16. Already have my new reciever, the 622. There was a switch for 2 satellite dishes in the box. My question is this:

Are they going to install a 2nd satellite dish? I was under the impression that they would replace the old dish with a new one. I will have the 622 plus a second dvr in the bedroom.

Also, anyone in the Sacramento viewing area getting HD locals yet?

Thank you in advance. :)

If you have one dish, they would install an additional dish for the Voom HD channels on 129. There are no HD locals for Sacramento.. there aren't locals for a lot of markets currently. I'm guessing they will show up this month or sometime this year.

sno543 said:
Hi everyone. I am scheduled for installtion on 5/16. Already have my new reciever, the 622. There was a switch for 2 satellite dishes in the box. My question is this:

Are they going to install a 2nd satellite dish? I was under the impression that they would replace the old dish with a new one. I will have the 622 plus a second dvr in the bedroom.

Also, anyone in the Sacramento viewing area getting HD locals yet?

Thank you in advance. :)

That is a seperator, not a switch. If they bring you DishProPlus lnb's, they only have to run one line to the 622 and use the seperator to feed both inputs on the 622. I believe you should get a dish 1000 and very well should have the DPP lnb's.

Thanks Chris...

chrisw27 said:
There are no HD locals for Sacramento.. there aren't locals for a lot of markets currently. I'm guessing they will show up this month or sometime this year.

I was reading the forums last night and someone was saying that Sacramento HD's were to go live 2nd Quarter 2006. So, I was hoping they were already being shown. :)

Thanks again. :)

Thanks Garys...

garys said:
That is a seperator, not a switch. If they bring you DishProPlus lnb's, they only have to run one line to the 622 and use the seperator to feed both inputs on the 622. I believe you should get a dish 1000 and very well should have the DPP lnb's.

Now you can see how technically inclined I am! :D

I like hearing that I should get only one dish. That is what I was hoping for, just an dish upgrade.

Now, can I ask, what is a DPP lnb? Thanks again!

Thanks Skye...

skyeblues said:
I went to HD in December with an 811 receiver. They installed two 500 dishes. I am scheduled for an upgrade 622 install on May 14 and have received the 622 receiver. Was told by DISH that the 2 dishes I already have will be fine for the upgrade.

Still hoping for a dish swapout, not 2 dishes. :)

sno543 said:
Now you can see how technically inclined I am! :D

I like hearing that I should get only one dish. That is what I was hoping for, just an dish upgrade.

Now, can I ask, what is a DPP lnb? Thanks again!

There are two types of lnb's which E* installers would use now. DishPro (DP) and DishProPlus (DPP). If installers put in DP, the seperator cannot be used and a DP34 switch would be needed and would require two lines from switch to the 622. DPP would require line from 129 put back into either a DPP Twin lnb or DPP Quad lnb. With either only one line would run from the dish to the seperator and into the 622. No additional swich would be required. Either way, a single dish 1000 would be mounted (no second dish). Unless you have a line of sight problem. Installers will let you know when they show about this one.

sno543 said:
Still hoping for a dish swapout, not 2 dishes. :)

If you keep reading around the board you'll probably learn that the one-dish solution for your area will be the Dish 1000, looking at the 110/119, and 129 satellite locations. However, a lot of people have also been having problems with the signal strength on 129. One way to solve this problem is to get a better lock on 129 by using a two-dish solution.

To many people the benefits of a more stable signal are worth the eyesore of two dishes. Me, I have two dishes and don't mind at all!

CDH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)