Upgrading to HD...

x3ro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
I just bought two HDTV's...

I'm looking to upgrade to HD for both boxes...

The wife just called them and they told her it would be $180 in charges..

What's this for?

Can I get two HD DVR's?? How much would that cost me??

Im surprised they dont have an upgrade deal for cheaper than that.

The cost is for 1 622dvr and the new dish.

From what Ive seen in other posts you CAN get a 2nd leased 622.

I would recommend going with two 622's, one for each tv. Although the 622 has a dual tv output, the functionality is limited than a single mode output.

I just bought two HDTV's...

I'm looking to upgrade to HD for both boxes...

The wife just called them and they told her it would be $180 in charges..

What's this for?

Can I get two HD DVR's?? How much would that cost me??

You gave us very sketchy info.

What is your current setup?

What were the details of the offer (622DRV+211 HDRCVR)?

When you call back, go to the technical assistance option. Tell the tech that you want to get HD for your new HD TVs and you want to know what else you need to get up and running. The Tech people are the more knowledgable and helpful (and understandable) and can set you up with all you need for HD and with the right deal. Assuming that you are a current Dish customer, tell them you want the Dish'n it Up promotion. You will pay a fee for the receivers up front but will get most of it back using the rebate form at http://www.dishnetwork.com/100back

Alright I just called them and talked to the tech people (had to call through ATT/dish) and the lady was like "we can only offer you one HD DVR... if you want another, you'll have to purchase it at $549"

pftttttt

Alright I just called them and talked to the tech people (had to call through ATT/dish) and the lady was like "we can only offer you one HD DVR... if you want another, you'll have to purchase it at $549"

pftttttt

they are right, they will give you 1 hd dvr for free. but the 2nd one you might have to pay retail price. why dont you tell them you will meet them half way. or you can alwasy have the 2nd one as 211 or 411. single tuner hd. not a dvr.

Yes, any free receiver is always leased. As far as getting 2 622s leased it is possible. However it will probably only be done if you are a long term and/or high paying customer. Even then, the only way I know of to get a 2nd leased 622 is via the CEO address.

Emailed the CEO address... If they can't do it, I'll just take my business elsewhere.

I agree with KAB. HR20 is damn good, but the high tuner failure and the ability of the 622 to record 3 shows makes me like it just a little bit more.

The cable Moto and SA boxes arent even close.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)