Uplink Activity for Wed July 5th 2006

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I hope you all had a good holiday. This weeks activity is kind of slow.

Echostar 110

8475 (KBEJ) changed names to 8475 (KCWX)

Echostar 148

9995 (WZPX) Removed from Frequency: 12.326 GHz
9997 (WXSP) Removed from Frequency: 12.326 GHz

Now Avaible to subs

6453 KDNL
6454 KMOV
6455 KSDK
6456 KTVI
6459 WXYZ
6460 WWJ
6462 WJBK

yeah, great. damn detroit HD locals. would be wonderful if there was equipment for us to see them.

the camel's back is slowling breaking...

Don't look now, but isn't Detroit NBC MISSING? Just great - No equipment, only 3 channels, what else could they screw up on this!

several markets are missing a local because dish and that station have not yet come to an agreeable retransmission price

I hear DishStore got a small shipment of Plus Dishes today, however since they are in Detroit they are giving area customers the first chance at them since Detroit HD locals are now available.

Echostar 148

9995 (WZPX) Removed from Frequency: 12.326 GHz
9997 (WXSP) Removed from Frequency: 12.326 GHz

so I guess there is no chance for those to be on Dish?? ?? They've been uplinked for a while now

Nobody seems to have an answer but what about people like myself in Detroit who want HD locals, is Dish giving us a free upgrade??

And those of us in the Indy market would like to know why our uplinks aren't progressing like these others.

Why am I not getting my St. Louis local HD???? I upgraded to the 622 a couple of weeks ago, and my check switch screen says I'm okay at 119, 110, and 129. I'm able to get StarzHD, VOOM, and all that stuff. My channel list does not display the 6### range where the HD locals should be. It goes from 611 to 8###. When I manually key in 6453 it says I need a subscription, but I already subscribe to the local channels. Can anyone tell me why I cannot watch these new local HD channels? I have two dish's, and I know one of them is a 500.

Iceberg said:
so I guess there is no chance for those to be on Dish?? ?? They've been uplinked for a while now

I dont know anyone here in W. Michigan that has a 148 dish, so I'm not surprised they are gone. WXSP is a low power UPN, and WZPX is the local PAX channel. Not much to be missed really.

treefrog said:
Why am I not getting my St. Louis local HD???? I upgraded to the 622 a couple of weeks ago, and my check switch screen says I'm okay at 119, 110, and 129. I'm able to get StarzHD, VOOM, and all that stuff. My channel list does not display the 6### range where the HD locals should be. It goes from 611 to 8###. When I manually key in 6453 it says I need a subscription, but I already subscribe to the local channels. Can anyone tell me why I cannot watch these new local HD channels? I have two dish's, and I know one of them is a 500.

you will actually have to get one of the new 500+ dishes to replace your current 500, because E* put those locals on another satellite at 118.7 location. Only the new "plus" dishes can see the new 118.7 location.

He'll need a Dish 1000+

500+ are only for people getting internationals and not HD

Kirby Baker said:
I dont know anyone here in W. Michigan that has a 148 dish, so I'm not surprised they are gone. WXSP is a low power UPN, and WZPX is the local PAX channel. Not much to be missed really.
Yeah, other than a few regional sports games on WXSP exclusively there isn't much we're missing. I watch the X now and then though and wish it was on dish and I am sure there are some that wish WZPX was on there too.

Hey wait Kirby, didn't you have a 148 dish for a bit? I might be confusing you with someone else though.

BFG said:
He'll need a Dish 1000+

500+ are only for people getting internationals and not HD

If you already had a seperate dish for 129, though, wouldn't you just add a 500+? (just curious...not arguing)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts