Uplink Activity Report - 01/24/2007 - 274 changes

I think they removed support for this on the 811 with the last software update. After mine was updated the secondary channel info went away. When they rolled out the last batch of channels many 811 owners were complaining about the long guide download times.

THOSE PUNKS!!!! I give that :down !!!

Scott,

Did you get confirmation from one of your sources that they are now using newer MPEG4 encoders? I read through the uplink report as this little secret poll was going on and it's speculated that this 6 HD channels / Transponder is because of newer MPEG4 encoders? You announced above and I was wondering if that was your best guess or if it was from a higher source.

Did I miss this already being posted somewhere (maybe a CES thread?)

Yes. I actually was told the new encoders would be in "very soon"

I didn't say anything as you can never tell how "very soon" very soon is in the Dish Network world (for example the RSN's in HD are coming very soon...) :D

Definitely some digital there. I can see it on my analog.
If you had seen telemetry data before ...

The QPSK/8PSK tuners of 622 cannot lock into the two tpns using NIT data and our own settings. Can your DVB receiver do blind scan ?
Could be odd combination of FEC and SR, possible using TC-QPSK.

I'll install regular Ku FSS LNBF and take a look with SA.

If you had seen telemetry data before ...

The QPSK/8PSK tuners of 622 cannot lock into the two tpns using NIT data and our own settings. Can your DVB receiver do blind scan ?
Could be odd combination of FEC and SR, possible using TC-QPSK.

I'll install regular Ku FSS LNBF and take a look with SA.

I've tried several combinations... with no luck.

Where's photoman76? he's pretty good at this stuff with his analyzer.

Are these changes the same thing that they are already doing with mpeg4 locals???

If so, why is it harder to do it with nationals than with LiL?

Or maybe this is better than what they are currently doing with locals? I actually did notice a picture improvement this morning, less pixelation and brighter colors on HGTV. Hopefully they can apply this to locals and every other channel for that matter so that we can get more HD at better quality!

The National Channels will always get the white glove treatment over the locals, thus the reason the new encoders go to the national channels, and then old encoders get handed down to locals.

The National Channels will always get the white glove treatment over the locals, thus the reason the new encoders go to the national channels, and then old encoders get handed down to locals.

So these new encoders could be used on the locals in the near future?

If so, bring it on and let's have better and more HD all around.

Makes total sense... the nationals affect everyone. CONUS bandwidth is prime real estate.

It seems like some Locals are happier than others. I've read here that Kansas City PQ is excellent (though I have no way to prove it). I do know Seattle locals have improved quite a bit since they were introduced. It would make sense for them to experiment with a few of the locals before rolling out on a national scale. But there probably isn't anyway to know for sure if that's happened.

My ABC station in Houston -channel 13 ktrk still sucks in mpeg4. I would have hoped that the new mpeg4 encoders would be used on ALL Mpeg 4. I am so tired of the green screen pixelations and audio drop outs on this channel that I switched to the sd version instead.

signal in southern Costa Rica?

video sender on 622 TV2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)