Uproving UHF 2 reception

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

adavis720

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Is there any way to improve the reception of the UHF 2 remote?

I use a wireless A/V sender out of the TV 2 output (Box in single mode) just to mirror what is on TV1. The audio/video gets from point A to point B no problem, but I can't for the life of my get the remote to work consistently. The UHFpro remote works fine in the room with the box, but as soon as walk out of the room it stops. Isn't the point point of this to go through floors and walls?

I tried hooking up a regular old VHF/UHF antenna instead of the supplied antenna and that was worse.

Any suggestions?

take a piece of coax and extend the remote antenna. I did that with my 811 and can change channels at the end of my 200 foot driveway now :)

Thanks for the idea, I have tried that as well, with no luck. I am very,very close to the antenna farm for my area, is it possible I am getting interference?

get uhf remote transmiters at radio shack or get UHF pyramid from dish, also make sure there is no signal amplifier powerd on in a house with open ports

UHF remote solution...

To resolve this issue, you need to move the antenna for the TV2 into the room with the TV2 remote - but not with a real long cable strung through the hallway!:D

For this you need two splitters.

One goes behind the receiver:

Remove the remote antenna from receiver.
Add coax from the "Remote Antenna" port on the receiver, to one "Out" port on the splitter.
To the other "Out" port on the splitter, use coax to send the "TV2 Out" signal.
Connect the "In" port of the splitter to the TV2 back-feed, the one headed to TV2.
The resulting combined signal paths are then sent to TV2.

The second splitter goes at the TV2 location:

Disconnect the TV2 coax from the TV2.
Connect the TV2 line to the "In" port on the splitter.
From one "Out" port of the splitter, use coax to re-connect to the TV2.
At the other "Out" port, attach the remote antenna.

Now the UHF remote only has to get it's signal to the antenna, across the room, instead of through the entire house!

Some pictures here:

TV2 Tips & Tricks

That would be great, but theres no co-ax in room 2, hence the wireless A/V sender. But thanks for the suggestion, it is a cool trick.

Try taking a regular piece of coax RG6 strip off about a foot or two all the shielding Leaving only the center conductor. This will improve your TV2 operation any where in the house, have done it myself in my home, Works Great

Different channel

Try the other channels on the UHF remote. The one you are using may be having problems where as another frequency may not. It is possible that you might be getting interference from the broadcast in the area also your wireless A/V could conflicting w/ the chosen channel on your remote.

did you try to switch the band to B on the remote, i was having remote issues, switched the band to B and it's great now

you'll need to do the system info screen thing in order to "record" the new setting.

Would someone mind being a little more specific with the Band B instructions?

I know how to change the "channel" of the remote....

Yep. On a 6.2 or 6.3 open battery cap, use some sort of object to flip the switch on the left down to B. Then go to your receiver, put it into sys info screen and press record on the remote. On screen you should see the TV address switch from XX TV 2 Band A to XX TV2 Band B. Then you should be good to go.

First switch to Band B.

Then if you still need more range, get a long run of coax, and move the dish supplied antenna to the end of the coax (that is connected to the UHF remote port on the receiver).

Ok, thanks to everyone's help I have figured it out.

The remote that I was using was the 6.0 not the 6.3 (as I found when looking for the "a-b" switch that did not exist). The 6.3 was downstairs, with the 622. I programmed the 6.3 remote to the DVR-625 and everything is great now, no additonal wiring or swtiching to B mode needed.

My new question is - why did I get 1 UHF 6.0 and 1 UHF 6.3? Is that standard to get 1 VHF and UHF 6.0 with a DVR-625?

Ok, thanks to everyone's help I have figured it out.

The remote that I was using was the 6.0 not the 6.3 (as I found when looking for the "a-b" switch that did not exist). The 6.3 was downstairs, with the 622. I programmed the 6.3 remote to the DVR-625 and everything is great now, no additonal wiring or swtiching to B mode needed.

My new question is - why did I get 1 UHF 6.0 and 1 UHF 6.3? Is that standard to get 1 VHF and UHF 6.0 with a DVR-625?

yes it is

I have tried this solution of splitting the lines and putting the antenna in the TV2 room, but as soon as I connected the antenna to the splitter in the bedroom, the picture on the tv became extremely distorted with snow. If I unplug the antenna, the picture is almost perfectly clear, but when I connect that antenna, poof- bad picture. I can see that the remote does work in this case, but its not useable due to the bad picture. Am I doing something wrong?? Has anybody experienced this and has any ideas??? Please help!!

Try a different splitter and check your connections and see what happens. You might also want to try a signal booster.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts