Upset with Dish - want to cancel, but still under contract

lwh1993

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
I have 2 receivers a 722 and a 322. The 722 works fine, as of yesterday the 322 suddenly has no picture but displays the channel banner.

After calling dish, my call was dropped by CSR's 3 times, and was on the phone for over 2 hours, nothing worked to fix it. So they wanted to schedule a visit, no problem until they tell me it won't be until the 23rd.

Maybe I'm naive but I expect better than 8 days response, plus I have to pay $30 for the visit. I had dish before and cancelled them because of this stuff , but heard they were better, so I came back. I still have 10 months on my contract. I don't want to be an irate customer, but I got mad when they didn't even offer anything to compensate me for the downtime.

I told them I wanted to cancel, but I didn't want to pay the Canx fee. I did tell them I would never recommend them for service and would tell all of my co-workers and friends about the situation.

Does anyone have the ceo e-mail address so i can vent a little.

Keep me happy and I'm a good customer, make me mad and lose my business.

I hope I'm not coming off as a blow hard.

Lwh1993

Call a local retailer. They should be able to take care of you a lot quicker. Another thing to try is to hold in the power button on the 322 until the light goes off, then release the power button. This resets the receiver.

a front panel reset has worked for me and many dish customers also. if there is no video and no audio just the banner, then a front panel reset almost always fixes it.

Like mritt75 said, go local. Unless you're just looking for the free goodies upfront or have no other choice, I don't understand why anybody would ever go straight thru Dish, Direct, or whoever.

Just wanted to give an update. I previously tried all of the resets and nothing worked, I was having issues with Sat 119. I checked the TV one last time this morning, and it was working again.

So as far as I know I'm not sure what caused the issue, but it's working again.

One last question, if I get a local installer to fix the issue, am I only billed the $29.99 because of DHPP?

You can't take this to the bank, so to speak, BUT.... if a "hard reset" using the red button on the front doesn't do the trick, you could try unplugging the sucker for 5-10 minutes. Ya never know. When my Sony hd set was about 2 months old...turned it on and the screen was green...no picture, just green. Called Sony...unplug the power cord for 5 minutes...I'm thinking, did I call DISH by mistake :) ... plugged it back in, turned it on...no problem since. Go figure! Another experience...a Sony remote all of sudden stopped working. Called Sony...take the batteries out mash all the buttons on the front, keep punching all of them...put the batters back in...does it work....YEP!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts