Urgent: Whats the Dishnetowrk's Fraud Dept Phone # ?

Some asshat used my credit card to order his/her own dishnetowrk service...

I need to stop this...

maybe Scott will know... ?

Call your bank, not Dish. Even if the charge has been posted, they can d oanything - they will send you a printed paper to fill out and fax back and then refund your money. It all takes few days only.

The credit card company should cover it as a fraudulent charge and reverse the funds back from Dish Network. Dish Network may be able to reverse the funds as well though too. Dish Network should have the person's information such as name, address, phone number, receiver numbers, etc. which may be important in catching the person committing fraud. The credit card company might like to hear about that.

Credit Card Woes

Some asshat used my credit card to order his/her own dishnetwork service...
Perhaps you can enlighten us how you suspect the person came across your credit card details. In any case, an e-mail to the CEO address should take care of your problem from Dish, but bear in mind that you may have to provide other type of payment for your own service for the next six months, if there is a chargeback on your credit card. You can pay by online cheque. You would want your bank to get involved as well.

It seems like your credit card company would turn it over to their fraud/security department, who would investigate the matter and then turn it over to the authorities for prosecution.

Unless it's your neighbor, it's going to be hard to do anything with a local police department.

Same thing happend to me but they found who was using may Credit Card and it was the same guy who opened my account in Dish Network........He starded opening more accounts with my Credit Card.....They said the problem was resolved and they said I will receive my money back in 5 days..........and the next day they kept on charging my Card .....So I had to Cancel my Credit Card.....Thats incredible the same people that opens your account.......

Always go through your credit card company. They are set-up to handle this stuff. They will take care of DISH.

So I had to Cancel my Credit Card.
That is a bad deal.

To let others know, dispute the charges on your first bill, before you send a payment in and instead of cancelling the credit account you could report the card as lost/stolen, that will automatically suspend the old account from future charges and will give you a new card with a new number.

That is a bad deal.

To let others know, dispute the charges on your first bill, before you send a payment in and instead of cancelling the credit account you could report the card as lost/stolen, that will automatically suspend the old account from future charges and will give you a new card with a new number.

Yes it is always better to report it as lost or stolen.

Yes it is always better to report it as lost or stolen.

You're not a "mover" by any chance? No, it is not better to report it as lost or stolen - unless it was lost or stolen. To do so is fraud. There are different rules depending upon the circumstances and if you looked at the affidavit you signed with your bank you will see that you have committed a federal crime. What is with some people who post here? To them it's always whatever gets me what I want and to hell with everyone else. I think that these individuals must have come of age during the Clinton administration and its "if you can get away with it - it isn't illegal" mentality. Sheesh!

That is a bad deal.

There's a potential problem if the charges you dispute is in fact valid. We had a similar situation with our AMEX and they stated that if AMEX finds or rules that the disputed charge is in fact valid, the card holder will be liable for the finance charges and/or late payment fee (if you didn't make the minimum payment, that is) accrued up until the day we pay that disputed amount. So check with your credit card company before taking this advice. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)