USA Network HD is (not) listed on ad in USA Today

Let this be a lesson to us - don't jump to conclusions until we see/get the whole story. In no way at all do I see any even subjective reference that those are HD channels.

Sorry everyone!! The ad I saw was very similar to the ones that have been posted. Now that I see all these other ads, I realize that I may have been mistaken. USA Network was indeed listed (but not USA Network HD). The other channels in the ad were indeed HD (Worldsport, National Geographic HD, etc.). I must have gotten confused and apologize for getting everyone all excited. Hopefully, we will have these channels soon.

I agree HD is not explicitly mentioned, but I wonder about the intent of the placement of some of the much desired channels not currently available in HD (USA, CNN) with ones that are available in HD?? :confused:

Hmm makes me wonder though. Why would you choose those stations to put in the ad with all other HD stations? I mean boomerang?

Who cares about that...why would you put that in an add with only a few select channels....unless......

The ad makes no mention of HD. It simply says that you don't have to miss anything and shows several channels with no reference to whether they are SD or HD. We are reading too much into this.

While the add doesn't mention HD for those channels it does put them in a group of other HD channels, even ones that don't say HD on the screen. I have to go with guilt by association. Putting them with all HD channels implies that they are HD as well. Maybe they will be among the new HD channels that are being worked on right now.

The ad makes no mention of HD. It simply says that you don't have to miss anything and shows several channels with no reference to whether they are SD or HD. We are reading too much into this.
Personally, I wasn't reading anything into it. My point is the ad got the hopes up of a few members here who were under the impression that because those two channels were displayed with others that are currently available in HD that they would be available "soon". I'm only questioning if that was that the intent of choosing those channels, or is it just another coincidence??

Hmm makes me wonder though. Why would you choose those stations to put in the ad with all other HD stations? I mean boomerang?

Who cares about that...why would you put that in an add with only a few select channels....unless......

Boomerang is a selling point for Dish. That is one of the few non-HD channels I desired to have that my cable company, and many others, does not offer. People would see that Dish has a channel that they don't have and might want. I love the old Laugh Olympics and some of the other nostalgic cartoons. I am 32 years old and have disposable income. I subscribed to Dish and cable and suspect that others might do the same. The DVR and a few select channels are the only things I miss about Dish.

Boomerang was a major reason I never considered Comcast when leaving DTV. My young ones loved the old classics. They aren't watching as much now, but Tom and Jerry still draws them in.

This ad is a perfect way to misrepresent the services you provide and i think E* jumped at the chance. Just like they are quick to say they are the HD leaders and have over *blah blah blah* national HD channels when the number is really more like just *blah blah*.

This ad is a perfect way to misrepresent the services you provide and i think E* jumped at the chance. Just like they are quick to say they are the HD leaders and have over *blah blah blah* national HD channels when the number is really more like just *blah blah*.

Listen, nobody has been more critical at E* than I... but this topic really has worn out its welcome. I think many people are just excited about new HD and THEY are the ones drawing conclusions. I just dont see any representation that these are all the channels in HD. This ad is not even close to objectionable in my book. Holy crap, i'm coming to E*'s defense!

I understand what you are saying. I honestly hate being critical of E* because I really love what I have. In fact, I love it so much I want more of it.

The marketers conveniently mixed HD channels and non-HD channels in the ad. I think the implication that you can get some or all of these channels in HD is there but the implication is subtle.

Personally I think the only implication is that they have all those channels---and they do. There is no representation that ANY of them are in HD. But that's it for me. Any further discussion on my part woudl constitute beatinga dead horse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)