USB 3.0 4-Port Hub With AC Adapter

I can think of three advantages.
  1. Keep cable clutter away from the front of your Hopper.
  2. Power bus-powered EHDs.
  3. Run 3 EHDs at once.
Did I miss anything?
I was referring to the fact that the hub he was talking about was a USB 3.0, which serves no advantage over a 2.1.

Reactions: TheKrell
The Hopper3 has one USB 3.0 port. So I would think USB 3.0 hub would offer an advantage if the hub was plugged into the 3.0 port.
3.0 allows for faster file transfers between the EHD and the Hopper 3.
I don't think the Hopper can use the extra speed, so as KAB said above:
I was referring to the fact that the hub he was talking about was a USB 3.0, which serves no advantage over a 2.1.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Some have mentioned that their usb 3.0 external drive transfers faster when connected to the USB 3.0 port when compared to the usb 2.0 port.
Also Scott has mentioned that the Hopper+ seems to work better when connected to the usb 3.0 port. So those would be advantages for using a usb 3.0 hub.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have a 4 port USB hub with on/off button on each port, so I can choose which ports I want to be active. My Hopper 3 is able to power 2 modern USB powered EHD's without adding external power.

Send the link of modern usb external hard drives that I could order off of Amazon if you can. Thanks!!

I don't know of any link on Dish's website that lists specific recommended USB EHD's. I'm using 2 and 4 TB WD EasyStore USB EHD's bought from Best Buy when on sale. Most USB EHD's you can buy on Amazon now are modern and are more energy efficient than items manufactured 5 years ago and should work fine.