Use of Sports tab on Hopper 3

Altitudinous

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 6, 2020
Northern NM, Northeast FL
I must not know how to use the Sports tab on the Hopper 3 home screen. By pressing Home, then toggling over to the Sports tab, there are Games On Today, Games On Later, and Teams.
I understand the Games On sections. I have never chosen the teams that appear in the Teams section. There are 8 teams from minor league baseball, NFL, pro soccer, major league baseball and a few others.
How would I customize this with teams that I actually follow so that they appear here in the Sports tab under Teams? There does not seem to be any connection from what I customize in the Game Finder app and what
appears here.

Thanks for any enlightenment.

1676749350369.png

Last edited:
I must not know how to use the Sports tab on the Hopper 3 home screen. By pressing Home, then toggling over to the Sports tab, there are Games On Today, Games On Later, and Teams.
I understand the Games On sections. I have never chosen the teams that appear in the Teams section. There are 8 teams from minor league baseball, NFL, pro soccer, major league baseball and a few others.
How would I customize this with teams that I actually follow so that they appear here in the Sports tab under Teams? There does not seem to be any connection from what I customize in the Game Finder app and what
appears here.

Thanks for any enlightenment.

View attachment 160746
You do that in the Game Finder app

You do that in the Game Finder app
I'm aware of the Game Finder app, thanks. The thing is...

What's the point of the teams shown under Teams? How are those teams changed? All of the teams showing under my Teams area have nothing to do with anything I've done in Game Finder. For example, it shows Albuquerque Isotopes, Dallas Cowboys, FC Dallas, New York Yankees, Orlando Guardians, and three New Mexico teams, none ever chosen in Game Finder. At least they have wide geographic coverage.

I have chosen favorite teams in Game Finder but they have never appeared under Teams in the Sports tab. That section seems useless.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I'm aware of the Game Finder app, thanks. The thing is...

What's the point of the teams shown under Teams? How are those teams changed? All of the teams showing under my Teams area have nothing to do with anything I've done in Game Finder. For example, it shows Albuquerque Isotopes, Dallas Cowboys, FC Dallas, New York Yankees, Orlando Guardians, and three New Mexico teams, none ever chosen in Game Finder. At least they have wide geographic coverage.

I have chosen favorite teams in Game Finder but they have never appeared under Teams in the Sports tab. That section seems useless.
Are any of your chosen teams playing today?

After you configure your favorite teams under Game Finder a pop up message will occur whenever your chosen teams are playing allowing you to auto tune to the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I'm familiar with the popup messages about an upcoming game for teams that I've set up as Favorites in Game Finder. What I've asked about is the purpose and/or use of the Teams section of the Sports tab, accessed from the Home screen of the Hopper 3. There are 7 teams there that I have never configured as favorites using any method. I do not follow those teams and there is no apparent way to change them or get rid of them.
A quick example is the New York Yankees. That shows up in the Teams section and I never took an action to choose that as one of my teams anywhere. The Teams section does not appear to have a purpose or a connection to my chosen teams.

Reactions: charlesrshell