USGS Image contains reflective line from Dish Reflector

Status
Please reply by conversation.

greyskies

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 16, 2004
sunny South Florida
I followed the link to the USGS and found my house. Unbelievable!!!

The only strange thing is that there is a line reflected on the image from the spot where my 30" satellite dish reflector is mounted and motorized, back along and through my back yard into the lake in our subdivision behind our house.

Now the 64 million dollar question. Since the line does not go straight down from the dish reflector to the lake, but rather at an angle - Does the photograph reflect my magnetic declination angle????

Here's the results of my search:

Latitude: 26 05 48.08 N Longitude: 080 17 04.07 W

Attachments

• USGS Picture of Our House and Lake.gif
    USGS Picture of Our House and Lake.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 229
I agree, I had a look at my garage and there is one little white pixel where my white DirecPC dish was at that time.....what an AMAZING tool!

Same with the new Google maps......... you can switch to satellite for a close up of your home! No water mark!

Google maps shows my house from over 3 years ago. http://www.globexplorer.com/ was from about two years ago. I can tell because I lost or removed most of the large trees on my property and in Google you can't see my house through the trees but the other some where cut down.

adwan001 said:
http://www.globexplorer.com/ you can view color images of any house by just typing the street address. The images come with a watermark which is removed from the image if you decide to buy it..
Now, this is amazing.
The above url's Image of where I live is the same as you can get from Terra server and is 9 years old and B&W.

I used globexplorer, terra server and USGS to look at pics of my house. all of them use the same images that are about 9 years old, but the globe explorer ones are so watermarked as to be unusable. I did take the pic from terra server and marked where my BUD is, looking at overhead imagery you would never imagine that i can get any fta at all because of the tree lines. Please keep in mind when viewing the pic that the trees you see are 60-80 foot tall red pines, and the slope of the hill runs from southeast to northwest.

Attachments

• houseanddish.JPG
    houseanddish.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 139
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts