Using a cat6 cable to run an extension

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

donscott

Original poster
Apr 1, 2019
Lincoln, ne
I am a current Dish subscriber. Would like to run an extension from my receiver 100 feet from the Dish receiver to the remote TV in a different room. I have a 100' cat6 cable that tests good and had purchased a set of Ethernet to HDMI converters. I am getting no signal to the remote TV. Is there a setting that needs to be changed on the receiver or TV that needs to be adjusted to get the signal to the TV? .

Reactions: charlesrshell
No settings need to be changed on the receiver. Try power cycling the converters and see if this brings them to life.

Make sure you're on the right hdmi input on the remote tv as well.

Reactions: the mack
How much did you spend on the converter? Is it powered with an AC adaptor?

Try using a short 3 foot ethernet jumper to test.

Some of those devices are junk, especially if you bought it on eBay or amazon for a super cheap price.

Bought one off eBay for $40, would not sync. Had to go buy one locally for $100.

The T-base ones seem to work best that I believe convert the video to an IP signal, rather than taking the pins on the HDMI and converting them to straight cat5 or 6.

I fought a cable that was showing good but would not work and in the end found out I had a CAT6 reverse polarity cable (crossover) and didn't know it. Probably a small chance this is the problem but may what to check.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts