Using a splitter for three and possibly four 4k Joeys that are in the same location

gislands

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 29, 2013
California
Hi all,
I currently have a Hopper three in my living room and in my garage I have three 4k Joeys. These feed three tv's that are in the garage (think man cave). Anyways, they are scattered about and I am going to do some rewiring for an audio receiver and I kind of want them all right by each other next to the receiver.
So I think there is two coax feeds coming from the node (? sorry if my terminology is wrong) that go to the three 4k Joeys so one must have a splitter. Also I cannot check as I am on lunch at work right now.
My question is this... can there just be one coax off the the node and then a splitter down the line that breaks off into three or four 4k Joeys?
Thanks for all the help. I have a very basic knowledge of coax and splitters from the old analog cable TV days.

I have seen a diagram showing three-way splitters to feed 6 joeys from the two client ports on a hybrid solo hub. My understanding of how it works leads me to believe it would work with more than three depending on splitter quality.

Dish would not allow me to have 2 hopper 3 on my account. Prior to getting hopper3 I had two hopper 2 and one joey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)