Using A Western Digital My Cloud

EarDemon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2014
USA
I’d like to make the responsibility of making backups for work and taking them off site a bit more easier. Right now each server has a 2TB Western Digital My Book attached to it and 1 Full Back Up is done weekly (Mondays) with Incrementals happening every night Tue-Sun at 10PM. Every Monday I take the current set up backups home with me and replace them with the previous weeks drive’s that I kept at home. Most servers use Acronis Back Up & Recovery, the one server running Windows 2003 R2 using the NT Back up Utility, but that machine has reached EOL and is in the process of being replaced. Everything else is 2008 or 2008R2 with Acronis.

Basically I want to make this easier on myself. I have purchased a Western Digital MY Cloud EX2 NAS Server unit, well work did actually, they sprung for the big 8 TB unit. Now I am stuck in figuring out how to make this work. Ideally I’d like to have the backups execute and have the TIB files be placed on the My Cloud at my house. Looking at some of the stuff online, it appears this may be impossible, but I haven’t got a clear answer on this one way or the other. I know I could install the MyCloud software on the server and copy/paste to a folder on the drive but anyone have any ideas, or suggestions on how to utilize the My Cloud for storing server backups? Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)