Using superdish and a dish aimed at 61.5....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

n1wbd

Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Grafton,NH
Have they perfected a switch for those of us that also use a dish for 61.5?

Would it be called a SW84 switch? I'd hate to be forced to give up my 61.5 dish. I currently have 3 recievers in the house a 501, Mod 4000 and a "upgraded" 3900.

Thanks
Bob Hale N1WBD

"Perfected"? No. Have one in the works? Yes.

The DP+44 switch (4 inputs, 4 outputs, DP+ technology allows feeding a dual-tuner device with a single coax) should be available sometime next year - but I wouldn't bet anything valuable on that.

Until then, you can EITHER have SuperDish, OR Dish500+Dish300 - not both.

Tom488 said:
"Perfected"? No. Have one in the works? Yes.

The DP+44 switch (4 inputs, 4 outputs, DP+ technology allows feeding a dual-tuner device with a single coax) should be available sometime next year - but I wouldn't bet anything valuable on that.

Until then, you can EITHER have SuperDish, OR Dish500+Dish300 - not both.

What about the locals on 61.5? If we upgrade to SuperDish will we lose the locals or are they going to migrate all of those locals to 105 as well?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Everything on 148 / 61.5 will be mirrored at 105 or 121 (Foriegen Channels on 121)

So you are saying that I will not need my 61.5 dish and sw-21 once I have the Superdish installed, is that correct? And that I will continue to receive everything I now have with the Superdish?

Also, do we have to choose between getting 105 and 121, but not both, with the Superdish. And if I just want the everything package of regular sd channels plus everything hd, I should choose 105?

But I will need an adapter for both my 6000 and my 301 receivers?

Things are getting confusing.

Shelly

You will need to choose between HD or internationals if you want a SuperDish, in the future there will be a new switch out that will allow you to get the other satellite if you desire.

You will need an adapter for your 6000 by not your 301 as that is Dishpro compatable. :)

Hope this helps!

Thanks Scott.

I made a mistake, though. I do not have a 301. I have a 4700 (printed on back of receiver) but the Systm Info screen says it is a 4900.

Will I need an adapter for this model? Why the different model numbers in the info screen and on the receiver itself?

Shelly

Scott Greczkowski said:
Everything on 148 / 61.5 will be mirrored at 105 or 121 (Foriegen Channels on 121)

Does that include CBS-HD NY and LA? I don't see that on Lyngsat yet. If they go on 105, I'm in right at the start.

The 4700/4900 will require the DP adapter. All receivers that are 3 digit models (301, 5XX, 721) are DP compatible.

Cyclone said:
Bobby, CBS-HD NYC & LA are already on 105.

That is soooooo cool. Now, do I buy an 811 and get the super dish freebie upgrade, move my 6000 to the other TV then buy a 921 and sell the 6000????? Ah the questions it raises.

When I get my 921 for my Mitsubishi WS-55805, I will move my 6000 to the bedroom to get HDTV on my small Samsung 17" flat screen hdtv. I will junk my 501 which is now in the bedroom or move it to another room. Then I will get Superdish and hope that the other Denver locals are on 105. I will be able to drop 61.5 and 148 satellites as long as CBS-HD E and W are on 105.

I also hope Bell ExpressVu gets the 921.

I have seen someone post that the 3 to 4 adapter to come with the SuperDish would have the DishPro adapter built into it so you would not have to buy a DishPro adapter for every legacy receiver. Is this true?

Stargazer said:
I have seen someone post that the 3 to 4 adapter to come with the SuperDish would have the DishPro adapter built into it so you would not have to buy a DishPro adapter for every legacy receiver. Is this true?

No, actually it will be the DP+44 switch that won't be available untill late first qtr 2004 (knowing dish, that will be about august?)

I am curious if someone put all the proper legacy lnbf's on the SuperDish if they would work with the legacy receivers. This would be a good solution for those that did not want to buy all those DP adapters or wanted to wait until the 44 switch came out.

I also wonder if the 44 switch would be included with the SuperDish at that time or if it will still only be the 34 switch, what the extra cost of the 44 switch would be, and if someone could pay the difference between the price of a 34 switch and 44 switch to get one if the 44 switch is not going to be included.

MikeJ said:
I also hope Bell ExpressVu gets the 921.

Mike, I hope they just release the 811 up in the great white north for around $500 CA. I don't think you will see the 921 for a while. They never have released the 721, and its been out for over a year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)