Using the new HN9000 in an RV Mobile Environment

VPDan

Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
Colorado
Does anyone know if you can use the HughesNet HN9000 in a fulltime RV environment? I see many websites that detail how the older modems can be repositioned but no one seems to have info on the upgraded system using SpaceWay 3 satellite. Besides pointing using a squinter is there anything else that I should be concerned about?

Does anyone know if you can use the HughesNet HN9000 in a fulltime RV environment? I see many websites that detail how the older modems can be repositioned but no one seems to have info on the upgraded system using SpaceWay 3 satellite. Besides pointing using a squinter is there anything else that I should be concerned about?

im not really sure its practical. mainly, EVERY single time the dish is relocated (more than 500 feet? i think), the modem will need to be released by the noc for a relocation. more or less, once a system is registered, its "locked" into its designated cell. im dont beleive the average joe could get thru to release a modem. besides the squinter a dapt is required. or at least i havent heard of anything else to use and it is required to get the modem operational.

We have a show room system we use for fairs, trade shows ect. I have to call NOC every time we move it and deinstall all modem parameters and start from scratch with the dapt & squinter.

We have a show room system we use for fairs, trade shows ect. I have to call NOC every time we move it and deinstall all modem parameters and start from scratch with the dapt & squinter.

same here, and thats my point. i cant see how the average person would be able to get a hold of the noc everytime they move, right?

same here, and thats my point. i cant see how the average person would be able to get a hold of the noc everytime they move, right?

I agree. The hns 9000 is altogether different from the hns 7000. With the 7000 anybody with a laptop could tune their dish and test the acp. The 9000 is a completely different animal. I like it much better, especially now that I am used to it. It is definitely a much better and improved system. I guess if the op or anybody else were to purchase a dapt & squinter and learn the new procedures it probably wouldn't be to bad, but not with out hoops to jump through. It would be real hard to explain in a couple of posts how to setup the new hns 9000. I would say the best choice for someone looking to have a setup like the op would be to just stick with the 7000, besides there is only 1 bird for the 9000 & many choices with other setup. :hatsoff:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)