Using Triax TMS 17x8C Multiswitch instead of DiSEqC Switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

al_madhi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Hi , ppl I would like use Triax TMS 17x8C Multiswich instead of DiSEqC Switch . Now I am connecting four satellites using ordinary way using a DiSeqC switch with four inputs , input # 1 connected to Hotbird , input #2
connected to Nilesat , input #3 connected to Arabsat and input #4 connected to Asiasat3S . So when programming the satellite receiver I configured Input # 1 to Hotbird , Input #2 to Nilesat , Input #3 to Arabsat and Input#4 to Asiasat3S , according to the DiSEqC switch .

But Using Triax TMS Switch the LNB will be changed to a Quattro LNB which has four inputs ( High , Low , Vertical , Horizontal ) for each satellite . Therefore my question to you when programming the satellite receiver how I am going to configure the four satellites connections , because there are no such thing in the satelite receiver says High , Low , Vertical and horizontal according to the Triax TMS switch .

Any thoughts you would have be greatly appreaciated .

Best Regards .

A.M.AL-MADHI

Hi , ppl I would like use Triax TMS 17x8C Multiswich instead of DiSEqC Switch . Now I am connecting four satellites using ordinary way using a DiSeqC switch with four inputs , input # 1 connected to Hotbird , input #2
connected to Nilesat , input #3 connected to Arabsat and input #4 connected to Asiasat3S . So when programming the satellite receiver I configured Input # 1 to Hotbird , Input #2 to Nilesat , Input #3 to Arabsat and Input#4 to Asiasat3S , according to the DiSEqC switch .

But Using Triax TMS Switch the LNB will be changed to a Quattro LNB which has four inputs ( High , Low , Vertical , Horizontal ) for each satellite . Therefore my question to you when programming the satellite receiver how I am going to configure the four satellites connections , because there are no such thing in the satelite receiver says High , Low , Vertical and horizontal according to the Triax TMS switch .

Any thoughts you would have be greatly appreaciated .

Best Regards .

A.M.AL-MADHI

Would this not be 13V/18V ON/OFF and 22KHz ON/OFF?

Just guessing, but that is the only thing that seems logical to me.

Radar

Therefore my question to you when programming the satellite receiver how I am going to configure the four satellites connections , because there are no such thing in the satelite receiver says High , Low , Vertical and horizontal according to the Triax TMS switch.

According to online information it is a DiSEqC switch. You would use it much like the single receiver switch. Configure your LNBF as a Universal and set each satellite to port 1/2/3/4 as before.

Probably port 1/2/3/4 is labeled or fairly obvious. If not I would guess it starts on the left with the first set of High/Low/Vertical/Horizontal.

It is easy enough to test it by setting each satellite you mentioned to port 1 in the receiver and see which one has signal quality. Then do the same thing for the remaining 3 on port 2, etc.

The triax17x8C is actually a DiSEqC 2. the 4 outputs from the LNB which match direct to the switch are 13v, 18v, 13v22khz, 18v22khz to cope with the universal LNB's two local oscilators. Your receiver stays the same settings ie diSEqc 1 to 4 .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)