Vacationing in Arkansas?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

sikma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2005
Dish Farm Up North
The wife, kids and I are planning our summer vacation in the Ozarks. We will first be visiting family in Texarkana, but then spending the remainder just 'touring' the state. Any suggestions on 'must-see' areas would be appreciated.

MENA airport.

the CLINTON presidential library and intern training center

WHITEWATER land development

the ROSE law firms offices

Regardless of my political ideology, I would always take the opportunity to see a Presidential Library for sure.

charper1 said:
Hot Springs

Buffalo National River
I found Hot Springs to be one of the most depressing towns I've ever been in. I think it's time to rescind the National Park status from Hot Springs National Park -- in my opinion, it's not even close to being worthy. When I went (this was maybe five years ago, so perhaps things have changed), I found the town to be a run-down sad place that had obviously seen better days, filled with tourists wandering around looking lost and asking if they're actually in the National Park now and is this all there is. There was a pretty nice campground along a river, and some decent hiking trails -- but nothing better than you can find in most State Parks. If I'm ever in the area again, I'll just pass through -- perhaps stopping to fill my water bottles/jugs with some of the spring water -- and keep going west into the beautiful Ouchita National Forest. The drive along US 270 alone is worth it -- and great places to hike and camp along the way. But maybe it's just me -- I do understand that people have different ideas about what makes for a fun vacation.

Buffalo National River is cool. If you're into hiking and camping grab a backpack and get thee to the Goat Trail.

In Branson, MO, they have a trout farm at the base of a dam. That is actually a pretty interesting stop. Not too far from Arkansas. I have an aunt in Bella Vista, nice golf course, probably not family friendly.

There is always the Wal-Mart Headquarters in Bentonville.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts