VCR with 722k

coltfan

Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
IL
I have a 722k in my living room with the SD backfeed going to my office. I also have an HD projector in the basement hooked to a 211k. I want to continue using the 211k for the HD feed, but I would also like to hook up the 722k SD feed to it so I can access my DVR. Mind you that I have no way to send an RF feed to the projector directly...need to convert it to another form, ideally either HDMI or standard composite video.

To do that, I tried hooking up a VCR. I split the 722k SD backfeed with a nice splitter that Comcast had installed. TV in office is still working so I figure the other new SD line should also work. I hooked it into the VCR, ran a RCA cable from VCR to projector and turned VCR to channel 60. I can see the VCR blue screen, clock, etc so the RCA wire works, but I get no Sat feed. I cycled through all the channels, no dice. Thinking maybe the splitter was the problem, I disconnected the feed to my office and just ran a straight feed to my VCR/projector...still nothing.

As an alternative, I thought maybe I could run the SD backfeed to the 211k. It didn't seem to work in either the Sat jack or the OTA jack, I'm guessing because it's already being processed by the 722k. This would have been the most elegant option since I would have an HDMI feed to my projector/stereo.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong or how I can make it work with either the VCR or the 211k? Would prefer to not buy any additional equipment/tuners unless absolutely necessary. Didn't think it would be this hard to get an SD feed to the projector. Thanks in advance.

To do that, I tried hooking up a VCR. I split the 722k SD backfeed with a nice splitter that Comcast had installed. TV in office is still working so I figure the other new SD line should also work. I hooked it into the VCR, ran a RCA cable from VCR to projector and turned VCR to channel 60. I can see the VCR blue screen, clock, etc so the RCA wire works, but I get no Sat feed. ....

I'm just thinking out loud here. Is it possible that you have the SD TV2 output set to a Cable channel and the TV in your office also set to Cable? And is it further possible that your VCR is set to OTA and presumably the input to your 211 is OTA?

Just a guess.

You nailed it Saltidawg! VCR was set to CATV. Changed it in the menu to TV and it finally passed the signal. Thank you so much. It was driving me crazy!

Isn't it wonderful how we work together. Sometimes we try to out think things and one of our friends comes up with a plum....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)