Verizon's Turn Now (Ending Unlimited Data Plan)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I called Verizon a few weeks ago to question about my tethering bill and was told my plan included it free and would be grandfathered in, same as the data plan. I could even switch to iphone. I asked even LTE? they said yes even for LTE. The new plan applies to new customers and new upgrades.

Verizon Confirms Tiered Data Plans Coming Next Month - Ina Fried - Mobile - AllThingsD

Basically

2GB – $30/month
5GB – $50/month
10GB – $80/month

Tethering its an extra $20/month with 2GB of additional bandwidth

This is more than what ATT is charging

For now. The problem with the competitive landscape we have now is that one service increases the price and the other follows suit. It is such a disappointment to see all of the potential this technology can bring, only to be stifled by AT&T and Verizon.

According to our friends on the inside and that screenshot above (which is unfortunately partially cut off), existing customers may be able to keep their current pricing and data plan when renewing or upgrading as long as they are locked in prior to 7/7. And from what we’ve been told, that’s a forever type of thing – as in, you can upgrade a year from now and still hang out with your best friend, the unlimited data plan. At the same time though, they only gave you one more New Every 2 after it was cancelled, so let’s not get too invested into forever.

Yes, it is a forever type of thing for unlimited data plan as that is stated in the original contract. However, the new every two is an ongoing offering, not contract related. It seems to me this could be cancelled at any time after you exercised your option once. What often amazes me about these blog articles written by tech experts is how they so often believe that these companies can rewrite contract law. When it comes to speculation about tech advancements, I pay attention to what they claim but when it comes to what companies may do with respect to not honoring a contract, I don't think these guys have any clue about the law of contracts. The title of that article would have one believe that your unlimited data for life means that it may be over in a little while. Fact- I hope to live a "little while" longer. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)