VERSUS / NBC SPORTS NETWORK

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
HanoverPretzel said:
If Dish really wanted to, I am sure they could call up Versus (or NBC) and say "Hey, we want to make Versus available to more of our subscribers, is it alright if we do that so long as we pay you the same price per subscriber, with more subscribers?" and the response would probably be "Deal!" because it would raise their direct revenue from Dish plus the rates they can charge to advertisers (with the channel having more potential viewers). I'm sure contracts can be renegotiated with both parties' consent. Versus/NBC could conceivably say no or ask for a higher price per subscriber, but Dish could certainly ask.

I fail to see why Dish would do this. I'd imagine they are paying Versus more per sub since it is in a higher tier than they would otherwise pay if it was in a lower tier (more subs = more advertising revenue for the channel). I would think that Dish would only drop the channel to a lower tier if they could do so without greatly increasing the costs of providing the channel (or at least mitigating some of those increased costs).

Parties can always renegotiate contracts, but such a move must make sense to both parties for it to gain any traction.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I fail to see why Dish would do this.

To provide a better deal/stronger service for it's customers?

I know, I know, I'm being naive.

The greedy corporate type answer? To retain customers who might otherwise leave for greener pastures if Versus doesn't become available as part of a package they can afford/are willing to pay for, and to get new customers who might not consider signing up unless they can get Versus in a package that's right for them.

To provide a better deal/stronger service for it's customers?

I know, I know, I'm being naive.

The greedy corporate type answer? To retain customers who might otherwise leave for greener pastures if Versus doesn't become available as part of a package they can afford/are willing to pay for, and to get new customers who might not consider signing up unless they can get Versus in a package that's right for them.

I'm confused because I have know seen this idea of switch to greener pastures twice, but where are these greener pastures? With dish you can get VS for 59.99 in the Dish America Gold pack or 69.99 in the 250. Of course the price is lower if your a new customer. Where can you find VS for cheaper? the cheapest base package Direc offers is $65.99 plus whatever other fees they have, and I don't know of a cable company that is much cheaper then that. I am sure somewhere there is a cable company that gives you standard def basic channels in the $50 range, but that's not a huge difference from Dish, and I don't know of any cable company that would give you High Def VS for much less then where dish is. I don't see the appeal to this channel. The only thing they have is the NHL, but if you want it that bad, get a roku and by the Center Ice package. You will save money and not be lock into contracts. But if you read this thread you would think every other company has VS on their 9.99 package. Maybe I am missing something but there is no greener pasture, its on the same level plus or minus a few bucks on every provider...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)