Vertical Installation

gmatt

Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Does anyone know if I can install the vip622 vertically? I would like to tie wrap it to the back of my entertainment center behind my flat panel tv. I would put it with the top against the back of the cabinet with the vent holes on the bottom of the receiver totally exposed to allow cooling. The only other place I have to locate it does not allow for good cooling and I'm getting a lot of heat related screen glitches. Thanks.

I know the 50x series can be installed vertically with no problems. But the 622 has vents on one side and the bottom, so you'll have to stand it on the hard drive side. I don't think there'll be a problem but may want to wait for others to chime in.

Thanks. The only side that would not be able to breath would be the top of the unit which does not have any air vents. The bottom and both sides would be well exposed to open air. Thanks again.

I have wondered this myself. Let us know how it works out.

i dont see why not.......as long as its vented properly and not shaken then it should be just fine. i've never had a cust ask for their reciever to be installed vertically though

i put in 311's and 322's in sideways all the time... i haven't tried any of the dvr's though. I wouldnt see a problem with it though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)