Very angry with Dish right now

falord

Original poster
Apr 30, 2008
A couple of the locals in my area became available last week, but weren't showing up on the channel guide. Even though I had just upgraded to HD 2 months ago, Dish didn't think it was necessary to install a Dish that would point to 61.5. So I start a chat with customer support, and they will come and install the dish for free if I agree to a 2 year contract. Fine, I'm only a couple months into my current 2 year contract, so not too big of a deal. Then the CSR says that the earliest install date he could get is next Monday. OK, kinda far away, but still no big deal until he drops this bomb on me. I won't be able to view any of my locals until the new dish is installed. On top of that, I would have to call back when the dish is installed to re-enroll in Dish DVR Advantage.

What the hell? They are trying to make this as difficult as possible on the customer. Why should I have to jump through hoops to get something simple done? The price I am currently paying was a retention offer, so I get the feeling that when I re-enroll, they will try and up the price on me as well. I cancelled the install and am waiting for a week when I know we won't miss too much on our locals. What a freaking joke. :no

You are not allowed to be angry with Dishnet. The usual suspects will soon be along to put you in your place.

This is a completely useless and ignorant comment. Please consult your local dictionary for the words refrain and restrain.

Unhelpful also comes to mind.

A couple of the locals in my area became available last week, but weren't showing up on the channel guide. Even though I had just upgraded to HD 2 months ago, Dish didn't think it was necessary to install a Dish that would point to 61.5. So I start a chat with customer support, and they will come and install the dish for free if I agree to a 2 year contract. Fine, I'm only a couple months into my current 2 year contract, so not too big of a deal. Then the CSR says that the earliest install date he could get is next Monday. OK, kinda far away, but still no big deal until he drops this bomb on me. I won't be able to view any of my locals until the new dish is installed. On top of that, I would have to call back when the dish is installed to re-enroll in Dish DVR Advantage.

What the hell? They are trying to make this as difficult as possible on the customer. Why should I have to jump through hoops to get something simple done? The price I am currently paying was a retention offer, so I get the feeling that when I re-enroll, they will try and up the price on me as well. I cancelled the install and am waiting for a week when I know we won't miss too much on our locals. What a freaking joke. :no

Get online with their chat support and see what they say, especially since you just signed recently. Try a few times if needed and tell them to escalate your request until you can get the install without all the hassle. CSRs have varying degrees of knowledge and may or may not be helpful - keep trying.

I would escalate the issue, they shouldnt make you jump thru the hoops like that, or take away your channels for that long of a period of time.

I also dont think you should have to extend your contract, they knew these things were coming down the road a couple of months ago.

My opinion may be all those things, but more often then not it is proven to be right on the money when posters don't drink the Dishnet Kool-aid.
And you been around here long enuff to know this to be true ;)

Smart-@ss comments without any other helpful information are just not needed. Keep the stupidity in one thread, that way new questions from people who really would like some help don't have to wade through the ignorance.

You were missing the helpful part of your post. As for drinking "kool-aid", maybe some people would rather not drink from your "pot".

Save the thread killing D* fanboy posts for the end of the thread, after the OP has gotten some help.

;)

Smart-@ss comments without any other helpful information are just not needed. Keep the stupidity in one thread, that way new questions from people who really would like some help don't have to wade through the ignorance.

You were missing the helpful part of your post. As for drinking "kool-aid", maybe some people would rather not drink from your "pot".

Save the thread killing D* fanboy posts for the end of the thread, after the OP has gotten some help.

;)

+1 :up

That's what I did when they told me the same crap, Scott. They left my DVR Advantage and SD locals in place until they installed the 61.5 dish. Of course the HD locals are anything but reliable but that's another issue..........:rolleyes:

Ed

They did the same thing with me(as soon as I ordered the 61.5 install, lost SD locals). A day later I emailed the ceo address and someone called me that night. They said its an issue everyday csr's cant fix and she handled it for me withing 10 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)