Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Want to check out the total solar eclipse this Sunday? If you’re in the U.S., it won’t be visible, but DISH Network has it live on TV.

DishEARTH, Ch. 287, features live 24/7 views of the earth from space and this Sunday, the eclipse will make a guest appearance!

DISH Network is the only TV provider to offer DishEARTH and the only one to show the live eclipse from space, providing a solution for Americans hoping to see the phenomena.

Starting at 3 p.m. ET, DISH Network customers can tune to Ch. 287 and follow the moon as it takes its path between Earth and the sun.

What you'll actually see is a shadow moving east-to-west in a arc across the southern Pacific Ocean. You won't see either the moon or the sun, because they are both behind the camera. Here is an animation.

Brad

Don't these eclipses know not to happen during the World Cup Final. The whole world will be glued to their TVs and won't be paying attention to the sky.:)

What you'll actually see is a shadow moving east-to-west in a arc across the southern Pacific Ocean. You won't see either the moon or the sun, because they are both behind the camera. Here is an animation.

Brad

Don't you mean west to east? Anyway should be fun to get a picture from the ground of the sun and moon with earthshine so close together during sunset on the East Coast.

Attachments

• 71180610.JPG
    71180610.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 229
Oh sweet I almost missed this announcement I shall definitely DVR and/or watch this live :D .

By the way r10fret what program is that?

Yes according to directv ads this is one of the 100s of channels dish carries that you have never heard of! I am waiting for the wayward Galaxy Zombiesat to float by 110 with a directv billboard flashing on it.

By the way r10fret what program is that?

Its called Starry Night, sent away and got free from a promotion to advertise Meade Telescopes they were running a few years ago during the PBS late night/ sign off show Jack Horkheimer: Star Gazer

Spoilers

So you guys have to pipe in as spoil sports. I think it's cool that it can be seen this way. :neener Never had a chance to use that smiley before, now I'm glad it's there. :D

Tuned in now... so far nothing to report other then it appears they need to seen one of the DISH HD astronauts up there to clean the lens. :D

It looks like that dirt on the lens is actually the eclipse...

Rewind your DVR and you can see it travel from left to right...

I got to admit I was expecting a little more then that.

I noticed this when I was changing channels "contrast readjusted" and the black area has a darker black core about the size of a nickle on my TV, This is the area of the total eclipse.

Really Cool . . . Really Cool.

Glad I subscribed to this thread. The timer I set yesterday not only did it not fire off, but completely disappeared. It's like I never set it. And after getting several eMails from here yesterday and last night, I checked the timer each time and it was there. Until it was time for it to fire off. This is not the first time. So I caught it 17 minutes in.

BUT the split screen is great on a larger TV. My neighbor stopped by and saw that I was watching NCIS on one side and the Eclipse on the other. He won't leave. No big deal, he brought beer. Can someone eMail us a pizza?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts