VIP 211 K Purchase

There is an item called a separator (not a splitter) that should come with your receiver. You need one coax/receiver all the way from the last switch (in this case inside your 1000.4 EA LNB assembly) to each receiver.

Hmm....Let me see if I have this straight. The 3 lines of RG6 from the LNB goes to the DPP44 switch then the 1 RG6 line goes inside to a separator that hooks the the back of the receiver? correct?

The one thing to remember is on the separator make sure to hook the right side of the splitter to the right input. SO sat 1 on the separator goes to sat 1 input

I've heard of issues if its flipped
Will do. thanks.

Hmm....Let me see if I have this straight. The 3 lines of RG6 from the LNB goes to the DPP44 switch then the 1 RG6 line goes inside to a separator that hooks the the back of the receiver? correct?

If you have a Dish 1000.4 you do not need the DPP44+ switch. There is a switch built into the LNB

just run a cable from the LNB to the separator...hook up separator to receiver

If you have a Dish 1000.4 you do not need the DPP44+ switch. There is a switch built into the LNB

just run a cable from the LNB to the separator...hook up separator to receiver
Now I am confused. So I just need to use the #1 output on the LNB and run it directly to the separator then to the receiver?
What is the DPP44 switch used for? Now I have one I don't need. : / (now the instructions make sense I was wondering why it didn't show the switch. I just assumed it needed a switch and I thought I read that it uses a DPP44. Oh well....)

Also, I cut the RG6 expecting to have to run it the switch first. Now it won't reach the LNB. Do I need a special in line connector for RG6 cable? I have some connectors that I have used in the past but since this is HD I wanted not to lose any signal.

Last edited:
You can use a barrel to join the lines, but make sure they have "blue" inside. Those are high frequency barrels and work much better in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Now I am confused. So I just need to use the #1 output on the LNB and run it directly to the separator then to the receiver?
yup

What is the DPP44 switch used for? Now I have one I don't need. : / (now the instructions make sense I was wondering why it didn't show the switch. I just assumed it needed a switch and I thought I read that it uses a DPP44. Oh well....)

The mian reason is for 4 receivers (the EA dish only has 3 output)
The original WA dishes had 3 separate LNB's so a DPP44+ switch was needed

I know the older D1000+ (110, 118.7, 119, 129) did too (popcornnmore is swapping out that to a WA dish since he no longer needs 118.7) so you needed a DPP44+ switch

The newer setups dont need the switch

yup

The mian reason is for 4 receivers (the EA dish only has 3 output)
The original WA dishes had 3 separate LNB's so a DPP44+ switch was needed

I know the older D1000+ (110, 118.7, 119, 129) did too (popcornnmore is swapping out that to a WA dish since he no longer needs 118.7) so you needed a DPP44+ switch

The newer setups dont need the switch

Cool. Well sorta cool. lol

You can use a barrel to join the lines, but make sure they have "blue" inside. Those are high frequency barrels and work much better in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Thanks. I just happen to have a blue barrel connector. (I never have the stuff I need usually) :)

Where can I buy a new VIP 211K receiver without a commitment to a particular package?

Does dish network sell them to self installers with no commitment? Price?

Ebay? Who did you buy yours from? Price?

Please remember that when purchasing any receiver from eBay or any other private sale, get the R00# & S19#. Contact DISH with these numbers and verify that the receiver is good and can be moved to another account. If the receiver is leased or an account closed with an outstanding balance, the receiver will be unable to be moved. Thank you!

Where can I buy a new VIP 211K receiver without a commitment to a particular package?

I believe any RECEIVER UPGRADE irregardless of where you buy it starts a new 24 mo. contract.

PKII said:

Are you a current customer?

I believe any RECEIVER UPGRADE irregardless of where you buy it starts a new 24 mo. contract.

An actual receiver upgrade would be leased and requires a new 24 month commitment. If you are a current customer and purchase a receiver there is no contract to be signed when you activate it. Just call in, activate it and you pay the extra monthly fee for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)