Vip 211

army62

Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
buffalo
Hi
I have Dish network 3 tv hook up. I want to know if I can hook up my VIP211 at my summer place and have both site work?

I purchased another Turbo dish for this, so i have another dish w/ LNB

Locals are generally spotbeamed. So depending upon where your summer place is relative to your winter place, you may or may not get your locals from home.

The correct way to do this is to call up dish and tell them to change your service address when you move down there, and reverse the process when you move back.

I could be wrong but he seems to want both setups to work at the same time.

we're not "LOL"'ing

While you can take one reciever with you to a summer home for the weekend you have to bring it back. Having service at both areas permanently is considered account splitting and is not tolerated here

Iceberg:
understand you, I would bring it back every time. I'm wondering if both homes will work at the same time, I go there sometimes alone and my wife and kids stay home

Thanks

Iceberg:
understand you, I would bring it back every time. I'm wondering if both homes will work at the same time, I go there sometimes alone and my wife and kids stay home

Thanks

That is account stacking, under terms of service you are only allowed to have service at one location at a time. Dish does have a department that checks(audits) just exactly this thievery.

Technically, you can bring your receiver anywhere you want to, back and forth even. Either we tag you as a snowbird, or offer you with Dish Movers everytime you wish to move or take a vacay.

But then, having the service in 2 locations at the same time, with the same account, is impossible. It is also impossible to have 2 accounts within the same address.

The only way to do that is to call the Sales department, and apply for another account for your other home.

But then, having the service in 2 locations at the same time, with the same account, is impossible.
no its not. Its called account stacking if you have 2 receivers at 2 different spots on the same account

It is also impossible to have 2 accounts within the same address.
you can have more than one account with the same address. Plenty of examples here on the board where subscriber moves in with his buddy or parent and they already have Dish too. Customers needs to move the account to that address.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)