Vip 612 ???

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
I noticed my 612 only goes down to 480p and not 480i. Does that mean it will only downconvert to 480p? Would that explain why I think the SD PQ with my 622 is better? The 612 isn't real bad but I notice a really faint screen shudder"Silght shaking" Very Slight. And I've never notice this before on my 622 when it was hooked up in my living room? HD PQ is perfect. Anyone else notice anything like this?

Just curious. do you have the caller ID hooked? Mine anly works on screen about half of the time. Thanks

The HD output can be set to 480p, 720p or 1080i, but the analog outputs, Composite, S-video and RF all do 480i by default.

I should have been more clear, When hooked up with HDMI Or Component does the receiver only downconvert the SD to 480p? When I leave the setting on 1080i thats when the SD picture is a little strange. I just noticed if I put it on 720p its better, But HD PQ not as good as when its on 1080p. E* needs a native setting.

I should have been more clear, When hooked up with HDMI Or Component does the receiver only downconvert the SD to 480p? When I leave the setting on 1080i thats when the SD picture is a little strange. I just noticed if I put it on 720p its better, But HD PQ not as good as when its on 1080p. E* needs a native setting.

I wondered if anyone else had this problem, or if it was just a dodgy unit. I installed one the other day, and it had the exact same shudder on the customer's tv as you are describing in 1080i. http://www.satelliteguys.us/installer-zone/137316-612-problem.html
What kind of TV do you have? The one I installed the 612 on was a DLP.

I wondered if anyone else had this problem, or if it was just a dodgy unit. I installed one the other day, and it had the exact same shudder on the customer's tv as you are describing in 1080i. http://www.satelliteguys.us/installer-zone/137316-612-problem.html
What kind of TV do you have? The one I installed the 612 on was a DLP.
I got Mine hooked to a Philips 42PFL7432D Ambilight LCD. My 622 Never did this. If I put my 612 on 720p its not as bad.

Hemi 6.1, how has the HDMI performance been otherwise? I'd like to get one to replace a 211 but am concerned about the freeze ups.

My 1080P Samsung LN-T4065F won't even display 480i over HDMI. Just searches for signal.

I have noticed the freeze ups, Its not Just on HDMI either.I had it Hooked component for 4 days and it still did it. What happends is sometimes switching to another channel it will take like 10 seconds before the picture and sound comes up. I've never had to reset this receiver because of this. And its a random occurance. Its a little bothersome,But Not enough to call it a POS. Its recorded everything I've asked it to ,HD PQ is Just as Good as 622. That delay in channel changing,and SD PQ Needs improvement. I think 1 software update would solve these issues. My advise Pay the Extra $25 and get the 622. But Not a huge issue if you have to settle for the 612. I like it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)